Question Brand new pieces - PC stopped working, white led display showing on CPU and I can't shut down unless thru PSU

Mar 23, 2024
As title says. Yesterday I got my new pieces, motherboard, ssd m.2, cpu and a new case. I put it all together and gave it a test and it all worked. Got windows 11 running, did a lot of checks and nothing failed. Tested a few games, did benchmark through cpu-z and no problem whatsoever. All temps are good too. Turned off the pc and went to work. Today, when I tried to boot it didn't even go past bios. 0 display. The CPU led display was on, showing a white light. Tried to reset but it didn't work. Could only turn off the pc turning it off on the PSU.

I tried:
update using bios flashback with no sucess
clear CMOS, both removing the battery and using a screwdriver on the mobo.
Remove and plug again both ram sticks
Remove GPU and plug it back in
Checked all wires

My setup:
MSI B550M PRO VDH WIFI
RYZEN 5 5600
NVIDIA 1050 TI 4GB ASUS DUAL FAN
2X8 RAM DDR4 2400MHZ HYPERX FURY
CORSAIR 600W 80 PLUS BRONZE
1TB KOOTION SSD NVME M.2

Mar 23, 2024
Depends on the case. Some have built in stand offs. What case are you using? Did your GPU mount properly, alignment wise?
I got home and did some other tests. The GPU works fine, tested on another machine. Tried without it and it still didn't boot.
The standoffs were also correctly installed. Tried without RAM also didn't work. Tried to run only with cpu still got the error. BIOS flashback didn't work too, with and without the CPU.

As far as I can tell there's only two possible reasons, either the CPU or the MOBO died. Not really sure what caused it tho.
Since these are the only two pieces I can't test individually.

The only thing that I might have done wrong is putting too much pressure on the stock cooler when installing it. Not sure if this would cause it to break in only a day.

Since I just bought it, I'll return both pieces. Not sure if there's anything else you can help with, thanks for your time, tho!

Mar 23, 2024
A few years old. I think I bought it in 2019 or 2018. But I find it hard that the PSU is the problem since on my other machine everything works fine. Also both CPUs are the exact same TDP.