Question brand new PNY ssd not recognized over USB 3.0

Aug 20, 2021
i have a new 1TB SSD internal "upgrade" drive i just bought new. i slapped it in a brand new ADATA durable enclosure and plugged it in and get nothing. removed the drive and plugged in directly with supplied sata to usb 3.0 cable and i get nothing. shows up under devices and printers as a device. in case its "ADATA ED600 USB DEVICE" out of case its "USB3.0 Super Speed" i cannot write to or do anything with it though. it does not show under Disk Managment. it should be in the "H" drive. thats where its plugged in. removing the other external hard drive ( 500GB SSD) in G drive doesnt help. and plugging the new one into G hole doesnt help. PLEASE HELP

Aug 20, 2021
also today i have a 931.50GB (1TB) Unallocated in the disc 3 position under disc management. it reads as online. so i guess just format that and im good yeah?
i should add that this laptop is exhibiting lots of bad behavior and is getting its files backed up and then the whole thing is being replaced with new and im gonna reformat this one to new state to try and save it as a backup

i am using the factory supplied cable and the USB plugs are functioning properly
Sorry, I should have been more explicit and asked if the laptop usb ports that you're connecting to are capable of supplying more wattage to power as many devices as you're plugging in. But if you're getting a new laptop, you should try to get one rated to supply as much wattage as possible to the usb ports to drive all of your external devices.

Aug 20, 2021
Sorry, I should have been more explicit and asked if the laptop usb ports that you're connecting to are capable of supplying more wattage to power as many devices as you're plugging in. But if you're getting a new laptop, you should try to get one rated to supply as much wattage as possible to the usb ports to drive all of your external devices.
well, my WD 500GB works in in any slot by itself. when i unplug it and try the new drive by itself i get nothing. however after leaving everything plugged in overnight this POS laptop "found" what i guess is the new drive ( see screen shots of disc management above) so i guess i just need to format and run with it. been waiting now 26 hours for the other guy to answer as he advised me to wait

Aug 20, 2021
Disk 3, Unallocated.
What options do you get when you right click on that space?

Format, New Simple Volume.....
new simple volume (black)
new spanned volume (greyed out)
new striped volume (greyed out)
properties
help

now if i rt click [disc 3] i get
new spanned volume (greyed out)
new striped volume (greyed out)
convert to dynamic disc
convert to MBR disc
properties
help

well, my WD 500GB works in in any slot by itself. when i unplug it and try the new drive by itself i get nothing. however after leaving everything plugged in overnight this POS laptop "found" what i guess is the new drive ( see screen shots of disc management above) so i guess i just need to format and run with it. been waiting now 26 hours for the other guy to answer as he advised me to wait
A 1 TB SSD would require more wattage to function compared to a 500 GB, and even different SSDs with the same capacity but different manufacturers can require different wattages. This is always discussed in SSD reviews. Also the connecting adaptors can require different wattages. I have 2 SSD to USB C adaptors and 1 won't be recognized by my build but the other works fine. Since wattage requirements for these devices are rarely discussed, its a crapshoot. The important thing is that since you're getting a new laptop, you could try to ensure it has the highest wattage support for the USB ports.

USAFRet

Titan
A 1 TB SSD would require more wattage to function compared to a 500 GB
There is almsot zero difference between different size solid state drives.

Samsung 860 EVO (SATA III),
250GB -> 4TB.
2.2W -> 3.0W

Samsung 970 EVO (NVMe)
250GB -> 1TB.
5.4W ->6.0W