Brand new R3 2200g build running slower than my old potato PC

Aug 16, 2018
Ever since I built this new system I have experienced multiple problems such as: Only 2 of my 4 cores working, only 2gb of my 8gb of ram being usable, CPU temps running unusually high etc. My question is why the hell is it running so slow?! I have fixed all of the problems listed above but I have tried everything. I have moved my OS onto a new drive, reinstalled all of my games, defragged all of my drives and system, looked through the bios and found nothing wrong, installed a graphics card in place of the onboard graphics, overclocked the processor and it was no faster, made sure my ram was dual channel ddr4 2800mhz, reset CMOS, deleted bloat-ware, checked for viruses. I'm stumped guys, and I am by no means an expert, just an enthusiast. I hope you can help me.

PC SPECS:
AMD R3 2200g APU @ 3.9ghz stable w/ OEM wraith cooler
Gigabyte AX370-GAMING motherboard
8gb (2x4gb) G.skill ripjaws V DDR4 2800mhz dual channel
Corsair CX 450 PSU
1.0tb WD Blue HDD 7200rpm 64mb cache
(temporary) AMD R7 250 oc
BIOS ver. F20

Solution
You can download windows 10 from microsoft website
if you got a KEY on your computer somewhere (normally a sticker) then you should be able to use it again, but it's not always possible.
But you need 100% new install of windows.
Aug 16, 2018

No, this is the OS from my old pc (an hp prebuilt tower with 4gb ddr2 ram and a r7 250) that i used the hdd as a boot drive and then transfered it to the new one and the bios is F20 and no \!/ in device manager

Aug 16, 2018

do i have to buy a new OS? or is there another way?