Question Brand new SSD spiking to 100% disk usage

Aug 4, 2019
So this happens randomly, usually while gaming but sometimes when just internet browsing. the read/write speed is normal but sometimes the disk usage goes to 100% and the speed drops to 0 to 0.1MB/s. The entire computer will freeze for maybe a minute then return to normal, this happens often though so it pretty much makes the PC unusable. This issue seems to be common but I not find a fix yet and something that is exactly like mine. Some help would be welcome and I can provide more info if needed.

Aug 4, 2019
Task manager would be a good start, run it in the background and drop to it when such slowdown occurs.

That's what I have been doing, for instance running World of Warcraft. while it loads it will go to about 80MB/s max then drops when it finishes loading to normal. after maybe 10 seconds the freeze will come, I quickly switch to task manager and disk usage is at 100% but almost everything is at 0 or 0.1MB/s. I have it on highest to lowest. When the PC unfreezes everything goes to normal usage. Could the SSD be faulty? I bought it brand new though.