Brand new VG278H and 3D Vision - Emitter is not turning on...

jlt08fab

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2008
Yesterday I received a brand new ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitor with the 3D Vision kit. I am sure you all are familiar with the issues this monitor has had in the past and I am afraid I am another one of those horror stories...

Quick rundown:

■I ordered it from newegg, fresh out the box
■plugged the monitor via HDMI onto my fresh out of the box GTX 670
■booted up the machine
■uninstalled my current Nvidia drivers
■(charging my glasses)
■rebooted
■installed the drivers that came with the disc
■rebooted
■went into the Nvidia control panel to set up the 3D wizard
■turned on my glasses
■no lights turning on the top of the monitor (ir emitter not functioning)
■see the same image on both sides
■failed the test
■tried to connect via dvi that was supplied
■failed the test

■called ASUS customer support
■called, hung up on once
■called, sent to voicemail
■callled, then spoke with someone who acted like they've never touched a computer device in their life
■they hung up after 27 minutes
■called again in the morning, again ... same scenario

Ok, another odd thing is my glasses flash after about 10 minutes of being turned off.

Anyone have any clues on what to do or should I just send it back?

Thank you.

I've seen this issue on this forum a few times, and have seen a few people with a fix recently.

Their fix is this, connect your monitor to the computer with everything installed. Unplug your monitor from the power cable from the monitor (leave it connected to the computer with the dual link DVI-D cable). Wait 20 seconds, then plug it back in. Apparently this fixed it for many people.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/378021-33-need-vg278

jlt08fab

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2008

I have tried this twice. It has not worked either time.

NyxSlayer

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
it worked for me, lol .... I searched in youtube how to turn the emitter on, everyone has that bug, I don't know how but I think we gotta boicot those guys hahahaha but I confirm what bystander said.... hmmm kinda late for the response but I received it yesterday and made it work. Regards

Aug 6, 2013
Thank your lucky stars.

I bought the same monitor and discovered a few minutes ago that the system I built for the monitor will not allow it to work in 3D because I chose AMD graphics cards.

I now understand why some people throw computers out of apartment buildings living room windows.

Amazon.jp will not refund used items if its because of ignorance of secrets manufacturers do not advertise.

I want to hammer some metal or something...

Mock

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
OMG i was going trough nvidia. 50 step troubleshooting and it seems the screen was crashed. So after the power unplug its working again. Always try the reboot :)

Aug 6, 2013
Mock

Why did you bother to write that?

Just stop wasting peoples time.

P.S.
I have the same monitor; and have never had a problem with it. Maybe the GTX 780 helps?

Or perhaps the insturctions tell you to charge the glasses for 24 hours or so; prior to trying to use them.

I notice some people never follow the instructions.

So I am blase.