Break Google's Chrome, Get Up to $2 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]metalmania31[/nom]There's huge bug, it's missing the bookmarks sidebar. The most glaring bug of all in the Chrome browser.[/citation]
Not sure what you're talking about Chrome's favorite pages can be set up just like firefox.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
break chrome... i can easily do that, i have about 50 tabs in this window, and another 50 in another, soon windows will bsod because of this...

o wait, an exploit, not just crashing it? well... cant do that...

really wish they would improve the whole process thing... firefox uses to little and gets slow, chrome uses to many and crashes my computer, there has to be a middle ground.

dreamer77dd

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
They are upping the game a lot. I wonder if Mozilla will do the same later on?
Mozilla just doe snot have the cash flow like Google does.
Competition is great and we benefit from it.
When things get lazy and boring, nothing really happens.

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]break chrome... i can easily do that, i have about 50 tabs in this window, and another 50 in another, soon windows will bsod because of this...o wait, an exploit, not just crashing it? well... cant do that...really wish they would improve the whole process thing... firefox uses to little and gets slow, chrome uses to many and crashes my computer, there has to be a middle ground.[/citation]

If its giving you an actual BSOD chances are its not chrome, its your pc.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mouse24[/nom]If its giving you an actual BSOD chances are its not chrome, its your pc.[/citation]

no its having well over 150 tabs open. it may take a few hours, but chrome will either crash it self out, or crash so hard that it takes everything else with it.

benyeehua

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]Do i have to be there physically in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for this competition?[/citation]
Yes, and you are welcome to my country, Malaysia O(∩_∩)O~~
But why not October 11? That my birthday 0.0

gilgamex

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]no its having well over 150 tabs open. it may take a few hours, but chrome will either crash it self out, or crash so hard that it takes everything else with it.[/citation]

Well what in the world are you doing with 150 tabs open? Stop hoarding tabs and streamline your life for chrissake! Hardly a fair evaluation overall with such a rare use of Chrome.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]benyeehua[/nom]Yes, and you are welcome to my country, Malaysia O(∩_∩)O~~But why not October 11? That my birthday 0.0[/citation]

lol you got extra room for me buddy?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]gilgamex[/nom]Well what in the world are you doing with 150 tabs open? Stop hoarding tabs and streamline your life for chrissake! Hardly a fair evaluation overall with such a rare use of Chrome.[/citation]

ill give you rare, but still not an unfounded complaint. because of the way that it will create a new process for every tab, it will screw with windows.

firefox, however, i have something like 170 tabs open, and it more or less runs great right now.

there has to be a middle ground for excessive processes and to few processes.

benyeehua

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]lol you got extra room for me buddy?[/citation]
Yes, as I living in a Hotel, but it is at Melaka, not Kuala Lumpur....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS