Bridge a Cisco/Linksys WET610N to Netgear N600

Apr 18, 2018
I have a Netgear N600 WIFI router connected to my local ISP cable modem. All is working well in this regard.
I have a network printer (10BASE-T) that I am trying to connect via WIFI. I picked up a Cisco/Linksys WET610N to use as a bridge.
Once configured, the WET610N does not seem to go into bridge mode. With a laptop connected via the ethernet port I can connect to the bridge via it's IP address 169.254.1.250 and can also see it on my WIFI router's connected device list at the DHCP assigned IP address. The WET610N connects to the WIFI router via the 2.4GHz band. But there doesn't appear to be any throughput between my ethernet connected laptop and my WIFI router.
Interestingly, I have an older Belkin 2.4GHz WIFI router that I temporarily swapped with my Netgear router and the everything works just fine... the Cisco/Linksys WETN610 goes into bridge mode just fine. In other words, I can access the internet via an ethernet connected laptop and the network printer can be connected and works fine too.
There seems to be a compatibility issue between the WET610N and the N600. Does anyone have any experience with this and any solution?

Solution
Not sure this will help, but...

- Firmware update for any of the kit mentioned (you never know)
- Is the SSID of the N600 hidden? Sometimes I've had issues where a wireless node won't connect to a wireless router until you unhide the SSID, connect, then re-hide it. Once configured it works fine, but needs the SSID to be unhidden to make the first connection.
- Of course, check and re-check the extremely complicated password you assigned to the non-default SSID ( :) )

Perhaps run through Page 12 of this - http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/userguide/1224638535453/WET610N_V10_UG_A-WEB.pdf

Not sure this will help, but...

- Firmware update for any of the kit mentioned (you never know)
- Is the SSID of the N600 hidden? Sometimes I've had issues where a wireless node won't connect to a wireless router until you unhide the SSID, connect, then re-hide it. Once configured it works fine, but needs the SSID to be unhidden to make the first connection.
- Of course, check and re-check the extremely complicated password you assigned to the non-default SSID ( :) )

Perhaps run through Page 12 of this - http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/userguide/1224638535453/WET610N_V10_UG_A-WEB.pdf

Solution
Apr 18, 2018
Okay... now I feel dumb. Nothing like looking past the obvious. Yes, there was a firmware upgrade available for the WET610N. And yes, upgrading the firmware resolved the problem. Thanks!