Question Brightness not changing in HP laptop

Dec 28, 2023
Hi,
I have an HP laptop in which i had my screen replaced because it had broken due to falling from my hand. During repair the repairmen installed the screen with same resolution and specs from a lenovo laptop. After the screen replacement, I am having the issue that brightness is not changing from the brightness keys. I can manually adjust the brightness from Intel Arc control.
If there was an issue with the screen replacement then the brightness should not be changed from Intel arc control, but the intel arc control can change the graphics and settings can also switch on night mode for screen. The only issue remains that the brightness cannot be adjusted from system settings and Fn hotkey
I have tried the following tips uptil now,

1. Updated the graphics driver adn all other drivers. Installed the latest updates on windows 10.
2. install HP hotkey and HP CASL framework
3. Ran Sfc /scannnow and DISM commands to repair any corrupt system files. (No error was shown in the CMD).

Below mentioned are my laptop configuration
Hp Laptop 15-dy2xxx
Processor Intel Core i5 1135G7
Ram 8GB DDR4
Graphics: Intel Iris Xe Graphics

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

During repair the repairmen installed the screen with same resolution and specs from a lenovo laptop
You're advised to replace parts, like for like.

First check to see if your laptop is pending a BIOS update. Then use DDU to remove all GPU drivers in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall with the latest driver sourced from your laptop's support site, in an elevated command.