Question Broadband speed capped on PC devices only

amaadakira

Commendable
Oct 26, 2017
I've never encountered something like this before so I'm hoping someone else has and has a resolution for it. My upload speed is currently capped at 7.9mbps on all my PC devices (2 Laptops and a Computer), however on my phone it reaches 9.5mbps and sometimes more. The download speed is fine on all devices, it is just the upload speed. And it is ONLY affecting my PC devices which are all different from each other (although each of them do have windows 10 installed). Any idea what it may be?

Probably worth noting that it is also capped at 7.9mbps even whilst using an ethernet cable on all my pc devices.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
The network router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue as to what is happening.

Who manages your network router?

You will need help from that person in order to see the router's logs.

Or otherwise check the router's configuration settings.

amaadakira

Commendable
Oct 26, 2017
I'm with talktalk. It's confusing because it's fine on my phones however it's only capped on my PC and laptop. Due to this, I'm not sure what settings I'm supposed to be searching for. I feel as though it may be a windows 10 issue, as that is the only thing that is common between the laptop and computer, that is also not involved in my phones.

amaadakira

Commendable
Oct 26, 2017
Rest assured it is just ME receiving these problems. I'm not having an outage and it's been going on for the past couple weeks. The fact that my phone's can break through this 7.9mbps bandwidth limit that's on my PC is very telling in this case. It shows that only my computer and new laptop are going through these issues.