[SOLVED] Broken LVDS Laptop Display Cable?

Jun 12, 2019
So i currently have an MSI GV62-8RC, it's backlight was dead but i still used it with a flashlight, then once i got curious, and checked the connection of the LCD to the motherboard, i reseated it. Since then, no display appeared, i found out that the LVDS cable (the one that connects the LCD to the motherboard) was broken since i took it to a repair shop and they had a working LCD plugged in my laptop and nothing appeared. So i started using my laptop with an external display, One day, my laptop wouldn't turn on and when i press the power button, it smells like burnt plastic around the part where the LVDS cable attaches to the motherboard. Can the motherboard still be fixed? If so, what is broken and how much for repairs?

Last edited:
Solution
Maybe time to consider to buy other computer, even the used one, because if you don't know which part is broken.

For your question about the MB, yes, you can replace it, only if you can find the exact model MB, also you may need the new OS too.
Maybe time to consider to buy other computer, even the used one, because if you don't know which part is broken.

For your question about the MB, yes, you can replace it, only if you can find the exact model MB, also you may need the new OS too.

Solution