i have broken one of the multilayer ceramic capacitor on my corsair ram module

Memtest86 shows no errors

and its looks like working as new one.

should i care about it?

or will it damage itself time to time?

pic:

bcQS742.jpg

Solution
I doubt running it without the capacitor would damage anything. More likely just make it unreliable. If it works at all. Those tiny ceramic caps provide a miniscule amount of power.

If there's no markings on any sides. It'll be difficult to figure out what replacement to get. Even with markings. It is no guarantee.

I can say on an old computer I recapped. I broke one of those ceramic caps. It worked but crashed easily. Once I replaced it from a donor board. It worked reliably again.
Didn't you say you were getting BSODs in your prior thread?

Did you fix whatever was causing that, if it wasn't due to the damaged RAM module?

Nov 25, 2020
i wasnt
Didn't you say you were getting BSODs in your prior thread?

Did you fix whatever was causing that, if it wasn't due to the damaged RAM module?

BSOD's causing motherboard i think so..
coz the second ram module of this corsair kit also getting bsod"s while memtest shows no errors of both modules right now. so i think motherboard is damaged and those rams should work fine.

but i need to know if this module work without ceramic capacitor wont damage itself?

guess those capacitors needed for important work and they are not just stickers :D

I doubt running it without the capacitor would damage anything. More likely just make it unreliable. If it works at all. Those tiny ceramic caps provide a miniscule amount of power.

If there's no markings on any sides. It'll be difficult to figure out what replacement to get. Even with markings. It is no guarantee.

I can say on an old computer I recapped. I broke one of those ceramic caps. It worked but crashed easily. Once I replaced it from a donor board. It worked reliably again.

Solution