[SOLVED] Broken touch screen - HP Envy x360, model: 15m-cn0011dx

leeleses

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
Can anybody offer me any advice on this touchscreen for my cousins laptop? It's an HP Envy x360, model: 15m-cn0011dx. I followed HPs You Tube troubleshooting video on it - tried literally everything, and the touchscreen still does not respond. This even includes when I just boot to the BIOS and run diagnostics. I also re-flashed the BIOS, it still does not work. The laptop is only about three years old. I don’t know if it would be the graphics card, or replacing the entire display or if you can just replace the touchscreen? My instinct is to just leave it the way it is that it’s going to be too expensive and too much aggravation to fix, but does anyone know anything about this? I don't want to throw parts at it not knowing what the issue is, and my cousin does not know when the last time was that it worked. He gave it to me to fix that the keyboard and touchpad would not work - that was just a software conflict with a small Intel program. So that issue is fixed.

Solution
Hey,

I did a short search on the laptop. I think the touchscreen is replaceable by itself. However, it's not an easy job to do (I did an Pavilion x360 a while back) if you have no experience.
The battery doesn't need to be removed you just need to disconnect it (put something between motherboard an connector cable to avoid contact unless you don't want to).

Hope I could help a little bit.
Have a good one

leeleses

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_sR6x3Oprc

View Pen & Touch
Check Specs on HP
Check Lables
Re-Enable touch screen
Re-Install touch driver
Re-Calibrate Screen
Install Windows Updates
UEFI Diagnostics - touch screen does NOT work in either test without Windows running
Check power management settings
Try a hard reset - battery is not removable
Updated the bios from F.16 to F.26
Update display adapter drivers

Jul 2, 2020
Hey,

I did a short search on the laptop. I think the touchscreen is replaceable by itself. However, it's not an easy job to do (I did an Pavilion x360 a while back) if you have no experience.
The battery doesn't need to be removed you just need to disconnect it (put something between motherboard an connector cable to avoid contact unless you don't want to).

Hope I could help a little bit.
Have a good one

Reactions: leeleses
Solution

leeleses

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
Thanks Dan, yes, I'm imagining it's not an easy repair, and not even sure if the hardware issue is the touch screen itself. There's no easy way that I know of to diagnose it or test it further. In the meantime, at least everything else on it works now!