Question Brother HLL3270CDW "print unable 02" code

Nov 30, 2021
Hello, new guy here and like most, I assume, coming to hope to solve a problem.

As stated I have the Brother HLL3270CDW that worked one day and the next gave the "print unable 02" code. I don't use it often as it still has or had the starter toner in it. I replaced them thinking that could be the issue. Anyway it is 6 months out of warranty and Brother was no help.

Symptoms are not much. It does turn on with the print unable code 02. I can access most of the functions from the screen. When you turn it on it does not go through it's "warm up". You usually hear parts moving. It does none of that. It will not print a test sheet.

I did remove the left side (facing it) of the printer looking for a loose wire or stripped gear or something stupid simple. Nothing sticks out as "broken". There is a motor that turns freely and don't see any component that let the smoke out. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Hoping to hear somebody knows exactly what may be wrong.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Ken

PS. did a search but didn't find anything. But then my search skills suck.

Nov 30, 2021
Contact Brother. They may be willing to service it for a reasonable charge. Cost is crucial though, so ask them for a firm quote as you may decide it's cheaper to replace the printer instead.

I was directed to a service center. $45 just to look, $90+ to fix plus parts. At that price it's almost not worth it. Plus I have to drive 120 miles. Certainly not worth shipping. That would throw it over the top for sure.

Ken