[SOLVED] brothers pc having problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother just got a sabortooth 990fx and is running a fx 8350 black edition with 16gb ddr3 hyperx 1866MHz the exact same thing the previous owner was running in it no problem. However he my brother just had to clear the bios running default bios settings. Because his computer just shutoff and everytime he would try to turn it on till he reset the bios it would trun on then straight off... But after pulling bios battery and clearing settings it posted again and said strike [f1] to recover settings

Last edited:
Solution
Please lock/close this thread solution found, We found in an other article the fx 8350 "BLACK EDITION SPECIFICALLY" even at stalk volts is a beast to control in temps. The main reason being they didn't sell them with "stalk coolers for long" the normal pea size drop, dosn't apply to the fx-8350 you want to use a dime size drop and reapply about every 2 in 1/2 months and liquid cooled about every 4-5 months
  1. What GPU+PSU did he have?
  2. Did he try to install the OS? or just boot the PC by the boot device with OS?
They both had the exact same setup besides the owner of the original board had a sabertooth and my brother had asus m5a97 le r2.0
Both have rx 560 4gb oc dual fan r2.0 edition
And evga 750w
Ps with the bios settings stalk minus turbo settings and auto oc being DISABLED the cpu set to 4.4GHz and 1.3825v at a cpu ratio of 22 and cpu bus frequency of 200. Exact same thing it was set to in his asus m5a97 le r2.0 and wasnt maxing more than 52c. Is now maxing at 73c under load. Also he booted straight into it at first to register his digital key with the board. then shut it off and reinstalled windows.
https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIAJ...TD6ZMKPbIYfIDxx0g7xVF-gI-aXdp4jhoC62EQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
  1. What GPU+PSU did he have?
  2. Did he try to install the OS? or just boot the PC by the boot device with OS?
Ok, So we were able to fix the crashing problem. I wont lie it was my fault when I seated his ram I had it to far to one side so the stick was partly reading but not fully. However he is still having temp problems, I have tried setting everything to stalk and turning off auto oc/turbo functions. When we boot stalk bios settings with that one adjustment temp is fine never above 45c normal even in his m5a97 le r2.0. One problem is we set the oc the EXACT same way we have it set on the m5a97 EXACT SAME cpu ratio of 22 and cpu bus frequency of 200 at 1.3825v In the m5a97 le r2.0 cpu NEVER HIT HIGHER THEN 52C under load, Now in the 990fx r2.0 EXACT SAME settings under load 78C
recap he has
amd fx 8350 black edition liquid cooled
asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0
gigabyte radeon rx 560 4gb oc'd dual fan edition r2.0
kingston hyperx furry 1866MHz 16gb ddr3
evga 750w
60gb ssd boot drive
1tb game drive
500gb backup drive
rgb kit
and tp-link t6e archer
and again, cpu ratio of 22 ; and cpu bus frequency of 200 ; at 1.3825v In the m5a97 le r2.0 cpu NEVER HIT HIGHER THEN 52C under load, Now in the 990fx r2.0 EXACT SAME settings under load 78C
And the funny thing is they have the EXACT same bios/ Only thing is Sabertooth 990fx has a newer bios rev then the m5a97 le r2.0

Last edited:
Please lock/close this thread solution found, We found in an other article the fx 8350 "BLACK EDITION SPECIFICALLY" even at stalk volts is a beast to control in temps. The main reason being they didn't sell them with "stalk coolers for long" the normal pea size drop, dosn't apply to the fx-8350 you want to use a dime size drop and reapply about every 2 in 1/2 months and liquid cooled about every 4-5 months

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.