Apr 25, 2020
I tried to turn on my pc after a long time and it doesn’t work, changed bios battery to no avail.

Tested with and without certain hardware no difference.

Symptoms:
Turn on pc, fans spin and turn off after a while, repeat ad infinitum, no led lights on front

I detect brownspots on the two bios chips, does this look right to you? Im trying to confirm as best i can before i buy a new MB.

Imgur picture link

Apr 25, 2020
Those are just markings for pin order (to know where pin #1 is).

Thanks for the reply, makes sense.

Do you have any input on the behaviour of my rig when starting up? Power is obviously working but im assuming that it requires some signal from the MB after a while and its not getting this. Which is why its turning on off all the time.

Perhaps you could point me to some documentation about how the psu and mb communicate protocol, ill look for it myself as well its just that i need to know what keywords to look for.

edit: i get no MB beep even when i try booting without ram, right now it seems like MB issue... the thing doesnt even have dust on it...

Last edited:
Go carefully through this check list.

Apr 25, 2020
Iv ordered a new motherboard, i swear to God Gigabyte uses planned obsolesce for its <Mod Edit> hardware, there isnt even dust on the board, its shining and yet it broke after not being used for half a year... ?

I thought investing 150 euros would give me quality but apparently in this day and age the only thing you can get is <Mod Edit>.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the the 60 euro board i just ordered will outlive the gigabyte one.

thanks for the help, im out

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv ordered a new motherboard, i swear to God Gigabyte uses planned obsolesce for its <Mod Edit> hardware, there isnt even dust on the board, its shining and yet it broke after not being used for half a year... ?

I thought investing 150 euros would give me quality but apparently in this day and age the only thing you can get is <Mod Edit>.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the the 60 euro board i just ordered will outlive the gigabyte one.

thanks for the help, im out
Only half a year old and not calling up Gigabyte for replacement under warranty?

Are warranties that bad where you are?