[SOLVED] Browser slow loading problem

kjalovicar

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
Hi, I recently bought SSD Samsung(m2), and I installed fresh Wind 10 on it. Everything ok, except my browser take a lot of time to open, and don't get me started on loading pages.My God, how is slow.I tried using other browsers, clean dns cache, turned off some options in Settings in Chrome, even change DNS to Google (8888,4444- I think it was)..Sometimes when is loading, I get the "bad connection error", and then opens the page or I must refresh it to open.I contacted my operator and it said everything is ok with my router, signal is ok too. I'm using Ethernet connection. Down. speed is decent, around 50-60 mbit/s, upload close to 50. Does anyone had that kind of problem, and if it has, how did you resolve it? Thank you in advance.

Solution
If it's just the browser, then it is probably not the SSD.

Avast Antivirus should be fine. Avast Internet Security can cause issues if it is malfunctioning.

If you were to open your browser, look at a few pages, close the browser and then reopen it ... is it slow the 2nd time you open it? This would indicate the adapter is slow to wake up or get configuration info (an uncommon issue in our "always on" world). Do other devices in the house have the same issue?

To me, it sounds like driver, software, or configuration problem. Double check that you installed all the drivers for your computer (motherboard). Check the Device Manager to make sure you don't have any "yellow !".

This is a very uncommon problem. Since you recently...
Google DNS is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ... you might want to check that.

When you tried other browser, were they slow also? What about other programs? If everything is slow, then it's possibility an issue with the SSD or it's setup. If it's just the browsers, then it could be an with internet. Have you tried reinstalling the Ethernet driver. Since this is a new windows install, the default driver might not be the best.

Other possibilities include security software that is interfering or a VPN/proxy setup that is suboptimal.

kjalovicar

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
The problem is certainly with browsers only, everything else works perfectly. It's a brand new SSD. Further more, I have updated my Killer Ethernet to a newer version, and it didn't helped. I even installed Samsung magician and according to the program, SSD is working well and it has newest firmware. I use Avast security. How do I know if that program is interfering with internet?

If it's just the browser, then it is probably not the SSD.

Avast Antivirus should be fine. Avast Internet Security can cause issues if it is malfunctioning.

If you were to open your browser, look at a few pages, close the browser and then reopen it ... is it slow the 2nd time you open it? This would indicate the adapter is slow to wake up or get configuration info (an uncommon issue in our "always on" world). Do other devices in the house have the same issue?

To me, it sounds like driver, software, or configuration problem. Double check that you installed all the drivers for your computer (motherboard). Check the Device Manager to make sure you don't have any "yellow !".

This is a very uncommon problem. Since you recently installed windows to the SSD, you may want to reinstall it. It might be easier than finding that one file that is corrupted or something.

Solution

kjalovicar

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
I tried reopening Chrome as you said, and it's still slow. I installed same drivers as always, so I doubt it's that problem. I think I'll rather reinstall Windows. I don't waste any more time searching the cause of this uncommon problem, as you said. Thank for the help, I appreciate it.