Question Browsers freeze while adding files.

MrBird

BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
Hey guys,

So i am having this wierd bug with my browsers.
When i am adding files on a website.....when i press add, windows window appear to search for the file(All good so far) but when i select the file and press ok on the windows window, my browser frezzes and i need to restart the programme......this is really wierd....

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
  1. You are uploading files to a website using your browser.
  2. When you click add file on the website, your WindowsOS file manager opens for selecting the file you want to upload.
  3. You select the file, and the moment you click OK in file manager, your PC freezes and must be restarted.

Do I understand you correctly ?

We need more information on your system:
What windows system do you have ? (7 / 8.1 / 10)
Have you updated windows lately ? ( From the windows update option page)
What browser are you using ? (Edge, Chrome, FireFox etc)

Thanks /

MrBird

BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
  1. You are uploading files to a website using your browser.
  2. When you click add file on the website, your WindowsOS file manager opens for selecting the file you want to upload.
  3. You select the file, and the moment you click OK in file manager, your PC freezes and must be restarted.
Do I understand you correctly ?

We need more information on your system:
What windows system do you have ? (7 / 8.1 / 10)
Have you updated windows lately ? ( From the windows update option page)
What browser are you using ? (Edge, Chrome, FireFox etc)

Thanks /
you understand perfectly yes! except for the part you need to reboot your PC. we dont need to reboot the PC just the browser freezes!

I have this probleme on 2 computers.
Both are x470 mobo.s with 2700X and 32GB ram 3200ghz with vega 56´s both running win10 updated.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
If the same happens on 2 different PC's I suspect you have a network connection problem.
A firewall setting that prohibits file transfer or ports not enabled.
That would be the UDP and TCP settings in the router which should have the ports 135 to 139 enabled.
Also the basic netbios port 445 must be enabled.

MrBird

BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
If the same happens on 2 different PC's I suspect you have a network connection problem.
A firewall setting that prohibits file transfer or ports not enabled.
That would be the UDP and TCP settings in the router which should have the ports 135 to 139 enabled.
Also the basic netbios port 445 must be enabled.
i am a network tec......and ahm....ahn?? that makes no sense......sory....

Anyone knows of any windows bugs? i searched a lot online and there are a lot of people with this probleme but i cant seem to find a solution for my PC.s
I have applied almost every solution i can find.....i was able to solve the drag on drop uploading style(java was disabled) but the windows file explorer picking file style....still freezes the PC.......