Question Browsers not taking input from integrated laptop microphone

Oct 3, 2020
Hello,

I am having a problem and not able to know what is causing this issue. The issue is that non of the browsers are taking input from internal mic of the laptop where as other desktop apps like Zoom meetings work well. I have tested my mic in browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Edge, and all these browsers have permission to use mic but it doesn't take any input or just can't detect the mic. Another thing is if I connect headphone with a mic, browser detects and able to use the mic. The problem occurs only with internal mic.

The mic was working fine before May 2020 Update of Windows 10. Afterwards, browsers are not able to use mic but desktop apps can. All the permissions are provided in the browsers as well as in windows mic settings. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling audio and mic drivers till now but still same. I haven't tried to revert back updates as this major update took a long time for me.

Screenshot from chrome browser: http://prnt.sc/usgpuf

Laptop Details:
Lenovo IP320-14IKB
SN. PF0UEZ5C

Please anyone do help soon. Thank you.

Oct 3, 2020
Thank you for your replies @SteveRX4 .

This problem is solved now. I manually downgrade my audio drivers from Device Manager by:
Add a legacy hardware > Search and Install HW Automatically > Sound and Video > Realtek (Choose as per PC hardware) > Choose driver version (In my case windows automatically showed me a downgrade version as option.) > Install > Restart.

Sometimes updates can ruin the device. Not every update works. Hope this solution help others too with similar problems.
Thank you.