Browsers on computer and ipad loading slow, or not at all or with texts . Unless I switch to 3G instead of home broadband

ravndal15

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
I hope im posting this in a ok spot . sorry if i am not .I will write this is simple form . I am baffled as to why this is happening to me . I have a desktop computer and ipad3 . Both connected to Thomson tg782t modem . The computer is connected with Ethernet . The ipad3 is wireless . Now yesterday I noticed I basically can't connect to websites on either device . It loads slow , takes ages and shows just scripts or doesn't load at all . The funny thing is I do a speed test and it's constant 1.3 mb download 0.8 mb upload . I also game online . There's been no problems there . Nothing is a miss and that's the same as ipad3 . I can use App Store fine . Chat program's and even you tube runs fine . So why is it just the damn browsers . What baffles me more to eliminate malware or something like that is its on both computer ( Mozilla/explorer) and ipad3 safari .

Now here's something else for you . My ipad3 is connected to 3G network . Now if I disconnect my router and use the 3G network for browsing everything's fine . Even on my desktop when I tether it for the 3G connection there it also works fine . The browsers run perfectly .

So what's the problem here guys does anyone know ? Is it my router ? I think yes but the only strange thing is why isn't everything I do experiencing problems . Like gaming online and streaming youtube etc . Yahoo . Why is it just the browsers ! I hope somebody has an answer for me because it has me bet baffled at the moment ?

Cheers

ravndal15

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
Hi Rex . Well isn't it strange but I fixed it . How . Well I wa going to try your methods but I managed to get my hands on another router . Now everything is working perfectly . I find it strange though the modem was the issue . Maybe you or someone can elaborate further on what may have went wrong because I certainly would like to know . Anyway thank you Rex

rex4235

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
When was the last time you had power-cycled your old router? You will have to do that from time to time (usually the first step in troubleshooting)

So if you hadnt done that is a long time, your old router may not be bad. If you have tried that before, then your router may be the problem

TRENDING THREADS