Question BSL shader settings bug in "Minecraft" game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechyIT223

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 30, 2023
Hi guys, plz can someone help me with this weird shadow bug in BSL shaders ? On grass and leaves ☹️

Idk how to explain, but some weird shadow texture constantly keeps on moving I suppose because of the sun angle??

But I got no clue how to turn it off. They look blurred out as well.

Also how to get more fps in bsl shader texture? My shaders have this grainy filter and effect on them. Is it because of this my performance is not good?

My PC specs are not that good but I can provide them if u want.

Lastly , one of my friends wants to add some water ripple effects as part of her project work in Minecraft.🙂 which is the best easy code for that? Webgl I suppose.

D

Deleted member 2731765

For BSL, you need to raise the "shadow resolution" option in the shader pack settings. If the shadows are of very low resolution, then since the sun moves throughout the day, it will create that effect.

Also, if you're using a "POM resource pack", the "POM Quality" shouldn't be set above 256, and the POM range shouldn't be set above 32. Shadow Map resolution can have a pretty big impact on performance, so low/medium should be OK.

I have noticed that Shadow map resolution at medium looks good, though you should always keep Directional Lightmap setting to off while using simultaneously with this. World Curvature set at 4096 also looks natural, if you prefer this to be added.

For more FPS, go into BLS's settings and disable "light shafts", as they significantly lower framerate and impact performance. Set your shadow distance value to a number between 100 and 120. Any value above 120 looks awkward and is totally unnecessary. Lastly, if your Minecraft's render distance is set above 8, then try to keep it at or below 8.

For grainy filter, try turning off "Ambient Occlusion" within shader settings. If you're using BSL shaders, it's in the "Visuals" section. Is the grain too high ?

To create a simple water "ripple" effect, here is the GLSL code which I always use. There are other codes as well. Ripple effect is just an evaluation of the sombrero function. Or, we can call it a 2D version of the SINC function.

Just scale down the "height" of the function, and animate it by adding time into the sin term to generate a repeating pulse. Any doubts ask me ?

ZKgPLTm.png

Code:

#ifdef GL_ES
precision highp float;
#endif

uniform float time;
uniform vec2 resolution;
uniform sampler2D tex;

void main(void) {
vec2 cPos = -1.0 + 2.0 * gl_FragCoord.xy / resolution.xy;
float cLength = length(cPos);

vec2 uv = gl_FragCoord.xy/resolution.xy+(cPos/cLength)*cos(cLength*12.0-time*4.0)*0.03;
vec3 col = texture2D(tex,uv).xyz;

gl_FragColor = vec4(col,1.0);

}

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TechyIT223
D

Deleted member 2731765

Code:
#ifdef GL_ES
precision highp float;
#endif

uniform float time;
uniform vec2 resolution;
uniform sampler2D tex;

void main(void) {
vec2 cPos = -1.0 + 2.0 * gl_FragCoord.xy / resolution.xy;
float cLength = length(cPos);

vec2 uv = gl_FragCoord.xy/resolution.xy+(cPos/cLength)*cos(cLength*12.0-time*4.0)*0.03;
vec3 col = texture2D(tex,uv).xyz;

gl_FragColor = vec4(col,1.0);
}

Reactions: TechyIT223

TechyIT223

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 30, 2023
Wow thanks for the info. I think my issue has now been resolved. You are a life saver. Lol.🙂

Now the shadow look much crisp. Which shader packs do you recommend using?

Thanks for the code as well. Will inform my friend 👍

I haven't tried the other tips like u have mentioned though but I will check and let you know asap. At least the shadows now look better. Thanks for the help man.

D

Deleted member 2731765

Which shader packs do you recommend using?

I have always preferred SEUS renewed. Even IRIS Shaders and Sodium are worth looking it. IRIS actually uses "shadow frustum culling" which can help with performance, without any sacrifice in image quality.

TechyIT223

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 30, 2023
Hey metal, sorry for bothering but any ideas why SEUS and IRIS shaders can't be used together ?

It's like the game sometimes fails to start? But iris has given me performance improvement tho 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.