Question BSOD AFTER AI OC ON ASUS TUF GAMING BIOS

Nov 27, 2022
I attempted to use ai overclock on a new build i have just completed, I had assumed that the cooling was sufficient. As id like to get as much power as possible now. But after I booted from bios my pc BSOD with a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.
MOTHERBOARD: Aasus tuf gaming x670e-plus WF
CPU: RYZEN 7950X
CPU COOLER: H1i70 420mm cooler
GPU: PNY RTX 4080 XLR8 VERTO OC
RAM: G.SKILL 32gb DDR5 C36 FX B
SSD: CRUCIAL 500GB P3 PLUS GEN 4 NVME (BOOT DRIVE)
SAMSUNG E 2TB 980 PRO NVME
PSU: rm 1000x corsair 80+g
CASE : CORSAIR 7000D

Nov 27, 2022
Reset your BIOS and don't use auto overclock options on motherboards. If you must overclock, and it's very debatable whether it's actually worth it with your Ryzen, go read up on how to do it.

In your situation, I'd be more inclined to go read up on undervolting.
wouldnt undervolting be slightly useless and partially bottleneck my gpu?
i think something was set up wrong when installing windows 11, things just seem a little unpredictable, whether it was the fact i booted with other os rather than uefi or a driver issue i cannot tell, or maybe overtightening the cpu pump to the cpu i dont know. disabled the AI OC and it booted up fine but when i go to restart it gets stuck on a restarting loop instead of going through to restarting, just sits there with the looping circle until i hard stop it

Nov 27, 2022
Reset your BIOS and don't use auto overclock options on motherboards. If you must overclock, and it's very debatable whether it's actually worth it with your Ryzen, go read up on how to do it.

In your situation, I'd be more inclined to go read up on undervolting.
i dont mean to undermine your advise at all just asking questions and wondering if i did everything right, and i wasnt sure undervolting would actually matter since the cooler is more than sufficient i think

Nov 27, 2022
If the latest Ryzens are the same as their predecessors, you might actually get higher clockspeeds and slightly lower temperatures by undervolting. Read up on it, might be better for your situation, although your chip IS intended to run at 95C by design.
i havent seen it hit 95 but that is a good idea, any idea about the instability it seems or maybe the bsods?