Question BSOD after installing Crucial BX500 2tb

palves

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
Hi,
I am running an AMD based W11Pro 64 PC and I had to replace one of my secondary SSD. I got a crucial BX500 2tb and I am getting a BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD, ntfs.sys. If I remove the SSD, everything is fine. Any suggestions? is the disk damaged?
even before when I tried to format the SSD I was getting an error that windows could not format, but it would format it anyway.

I can swap easily with amazon. and I can get the MX500 or the Samsung 870 evo.

Any advice is welcome. thanks in advance,

May 29, 2023
Firstly, I'd suggest to make sure your AMD-based PC meets the requirements for the BX500 SSD. Check if there are any firmware or BIOS updates available for your motherboard and SSD. Updating them might resolve any compatibility issues.

If you haven't already, try connecting the BX500 SSD to a different SATA port or using a different SATA cable. Sometimes, a faulty cable or port can cause issues. Additionally, ensure that the SATA mode (AHCI/RAID) in your BIOS is properly configured.

To rule out any software conflicts, you could also try a clean Windows installation on the BX500 SSD. If the installation fails again, it's likely there's an issue with the drive itself.

Considering your options, the MX500 and Samsung 870 EVO are both reliable choices. They have good performance and a solid reputation among users. If you're able to swap the BX500 with either of those, it might be worth trying. Just ensure they are compatible with your system.