Question BSOD after overclocking i7-7700K with Asus EZ tuning ?

Tomislav_3

Reputable
Mar 15, 2017
Hey guys, I believe I used to use the EZ tuning for my Asus Prime Z270-K and i7 7700k and used the defualt gaming setup with tower cooler. Now I get BSOD. Updating BIOS could help? Noob question, thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? In fact considering that this is a troubleshooting thread, you're advised to include your specs to your build. Please list them like so:
CPU + CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model and it's wattage. As for your EZ tune, see if there were any updated versions listed on Asus's support page for your motherboard. The best course of action when overclocking is not to rely on an app or the OS, instead you should manually go into BIOS and tweak the system.

Speaking of which, might want to see what sort of voltages your processor is/was at. High(or low) voltages can cause instability.

Sep 6, 2021
Are you trying to setup RAID? Asus EZ Tuning Wizard automatically attempts to setup RAID and will not boot if you don't have the proper storage for it to do so. If you're new to this, then my guess is that you're probably not trying to use EZ Tuning Wizard for this purpose.