BSOD after reversing overclock Asus Z77 Sabertooth i7 3770k

Alphawolfguy

Reputable
May 2, 2015
I'm new to overclocking and recently tried to overclock my cpu to get better preformance while streaming since I was getting some high encoding errors. I originally tried the auto overclocker in my BIOS but fount my cpu got way to hot on realtemp when I ran Prime95.

I then changed it back to default set some stuff to manual put the voltage at 1.225V and the CPU multiplyer at 42. I ran prime 95 for an hour temps where ideal at 75ish and it ran stable in games and overnight in a torture test with the max temp being 81 degrees celsius. The next day I got a BSOD for the first time on this rig in rainbow six siege mostly when loading into the actual game. I thought it was just that game since my temps were fine and the load was only 30%. I had also played CSGO without a problem earlier that day. Then it happened again multipe times in ARK which I had just gotten.

I removed my overclock and set everything to default which on my mobo is "optimized defaults" and still got BSOD is demanding games. How do I fix this?

Fosters999

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Sounds like Gaming Ram errors, check your Ram Settings The OC could Still be turned on happened to me, Oh we are using the Same Board Swap XMP to auto and check your Ram speed, Make sure Ram V is auto and Ram speed is auto.