Question BSOD (again) usually IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jj360live

Commendable
Jun 20, 2017
Hey

I know this is probably going to find itself lost in a wave of people posting similar threads. Trust me- i have not been lazy, i have read all of these threads and still found no solution. I've also posted threads on here regarding the same issue but still the problem has persisted on and off for the best part of a year.

I will get a BSOD on average 1 x a day, however sometimes i wont see it for 3 days, a week, who knows at this point, and sometimes i will get 2 or 3 in a day. As someone who uses his PC for gaming and work, both of my uses are extremely impacted by this.

I will attached below a minidump of my most recent one, along with some screenshots that might help (?). For reference heres a list of the things i have tried to fix the problem:
Checked RAM with memtest
Done windows Diagnostic
Downloaded "BlueScreenView" to look further into it
Updated all my drivers- the ones windows said needed updating and i downloaded a third party software to find any outdated drivers
Updated my BIOS to most recent (still maybe 4 years old but was the closest)
Performed a full system reset to factory

I took my PC to a repair shop once and they didnt find an issue, which has made me speculate that it might be to do with one of my peripherals or maybe a faulty USB driver. I use a:
Razer Blackwidow Keyboard
Logitech G502 Mouse (had issues before i had this mouse)
Blue Yeti Blackout Microphone
DT 990 Pro Headphones

I really hope someone can help me because i honestly dont know what else to do. I am looking to upgrade my PC as most parts of it are old now. If there was a part that was likely to be the issue i would consider just swapping it out for an upgrade in the summer.

The Below DB link has a minidump and a few screengrabs, hope someone out there has the solution.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l306hkai4lkd9dm/AAC0kJ6bJLHlYBKjow6w4BHOa?dl=0

Thanks in advance
Jack

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l306hkai4lkd9dm/AAC0kJ6bJLHlYBKjow6w4BHOa?dl=0

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/xBRu.html

File information:060619-8671-01.dmp (Jun 5 2019 - 19:40:26)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: UninstallMonitor.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 12 Hour(s), 38 Min(s), and 31 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

jj360live

Commendable
Jun 20, 2017
I was only using iobit to try and get rid of another program last week, ill get rid of iobit now to see if that was a problem. Should i try with my other 2 stick of RAM do you think?

Colif

Win 11 Master
You went a week without any error, were you doing anything different when you got bsod compared to rest of week?

Swapping ram might help, you had gone a week without a bsod. I would have expected a hardware error to occur before then if you were just doing normal stuff, that you had done already that week.

jj360live

Commendable
Jun 20, 2017
I wasnt doing anything different as far as im aware, was just watching Netflix at night. i'll maybe stick the other two sticks in and see if i crash more or less frequently.

If it turned out to be a RAM problem and i was looking to buy some new RAM would you recommend just getting 2 sticks of 8GB instead of 4 of 4 like i currently have?

I did use the iobit uninstaller all the time, and it is fine for me.

@jj360live You may try to switch the RAM or even use only one stick to run the PC, just make sure what cause the problem, RAM or MB, or something else, before you buy the new RAM, because the problem maybe from the RAM slot, that means the MB may be going to die.

jj360live

Commendable
Jun 20, 2017
Hmm interesting point. I dont suppose theres any way to test the MB simply is there? I would assume even if i was to look into upgrading my PC i would want to get new RAM anyway so im not that stressed about buying it as im sure i will be buying it at some point anyway, however i see your point and maybe a new MB would solve a lot of my issues. Someone on the other forum said to use the slot 2 and 4 so im going to try that too and see if "Dual Channeling" the RAM works any better! Thanks for all the tips

jj360live

Commendable
Jun 20, 2017
Hey guys! Long time no speak, i didnt want to come back here and say everything was fine and jinx it. But given its been almost a month i think maybe we've cracked it. After the crash, i stuck in the other 2 sticks of RAM i had, in the slots you mentioned (1+3 i think), since then i havent had a crash. This leads me to believe it is probably a fault of one of the other sticks of RAM that isnt in my PC currently- that or it was a problem with the RAM slots i was using before. Either way, it looks as if running 2 sticks of RAM in slots 1+3 is working for my PC, so as mentioned before i will try and find 2 sticks of 8GB to match my MB, thanks for all the help and unless anything messes up along the way i guess this is cased closed.

Thanks everyone who helped along the way and helped me narrow down all the possible problems, you were all really helpful :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
i didnt want to come back here and say everything was fine and jinx it.

that is main reason I don't comment too - way too often I say good, its over, and it crashes again.
So I just don't say anything. NIcer if there was a way to tell if the crashes were fixed, instead of current way - if they stop, its fixed.

Lets hope we haven't jinxed you now :)