Question BSoD and games crashing/freezing.

fuchini

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
Basically i got some new hardware (processor and ram), installed it and everything worked fine. I decided to buy a new case as my old had faulty fans and power button. But ever since i moved my parts into my PC i've been having constant crashing of games and BSoD, with my PC acting very slow after BSoD. Usually i am able to play a game or use my PC for about 15 mins before anything happens but it is very random,. I have tried updating drivers, troubleshooting windows, memory, etc and updating windows but nothing has worked. (I'm very sure my hardware is set up and wired properly, and have been experiencing this for 3 days)
I was thinking that it is my power supply as it is quite cheap and i've looked online and some of my problems are the result of a faulty power supply, or it's just shitty windows 10.
My specs if it helps:
Ryzen 2700X
16gb Corsair Vengeance
GTX 1050ti
Asus TUF B450 motherboard
Bronze Integrator 500w PSU
Barracuda 1TB HHD
500gb m.2 SSD

If so what power supplies would you recommend

Dave8671

Distinguished
Nvidia has been having shader issues with their drivers. If the games you play have shaders than that also can crash the games. There is many posts about this on the Nv forum. But not many fixes. With gpu drivers always use ddu to remove the old drivers.

You can disable shaders in the Nv software, though how would it effect the games performance?

bbur4949

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
The only way to truly check a PSU is with another PSU. If you have or know someone that has an old prebuilt ei: hp, dell laying around I'd use it first. you could even just set it outside the case with all your needed power plug in before you buy another. On that note my personal favorite PSU's are Seasonic focus gold. They are tir one PSU's