[SOLVED] bsod and unable to complete changes redoing changes

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
lately, i have been getting bsod like 3 times a week and on top of that i cant install windows updates because it says undoing changes or whatever(the last 2 month). furthermore, i am also having lags in garrys mod(if you know the game you know its not a heavy game and i have not been experiencing that lag before it is something new) i dont know what is wrong with my computer but hopefully you guys might have a clue
also would like to expand on the lag on garrys mod. it is basically just freezes for like 1 second which my game freezes completely, again, something totally new.

Solution
been getting bsod like 3 times a week and on top of that i cant install windows updates
i've run into a lot of complaints lately of updates not installing correctly and a lot more than usual getting 0x8007000d errors related to it.

updating DISM and running SFC scans do not seem to help in the majority of these reported cases.
neither do clearing Update cache, deleting the Windows Update temporary folders, or anything else that would normally help solve issues with Windows Update.
whether it's just a coincidence or it has something to do with MS relaxing Windows 10 support in favor of 11, who knows?

the only "fix" i've seen regarding a lot of those suffering these recent Update issues is reinstalling the OS.
the BSoD crashes...
for the actual bugcheck you would have to provide the mindump files. Better to get the update working first:

Usually, you would want to clear windows update cache and re run the updates:
(make sure there is disk space for the update cache download)

here is info:
How to Clear Windows Update Cache (3 Ways for You) (minitool.com)

key info from the above link:
You may also wonder how to reset Windows update cache. Here are the steps:

Step 1: Type Command Prompt in the Search menu. Then right-click it to choose Run as administrator to open it.

Step 2: Type the following command one by one:

net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver

Step 3: Next, run the following command one by one.
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

---------------

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
for the actual bugcheck you would have to provide the mindump files. Better to get the update working first:

Usually, you would want to clear windows update cache and re run the updates:
(make sure there is disk space for the update cache download)

here is info:
How to Clear Windows Update Cache (3 Ways for You) (minitool.com)

key info from the above link:
You may also wonder how to reset Windows update cache. Here are the steps:

Step 1: Type Command Prompt in the Search menu. Then right-click it to choose Run as administrator to open it.

Step 2: Type the following command one by one:

net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver

Step 3: Next, run the following command one by one.
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

---------------
didnt work man

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
specs:
View: https://i.imgur.com/hL5o0Tq.png

lately, i have been getting bsod like 3 times a week and on top of that i cant install windows updates because it says undoing changes or whatever(the last 2 month). furthermore, i am also having lags in garrys mod(if you know the game you know its not a heavy game and i have not been experiencing that lag before it is something new) i dont know what is wrong with my computer but hopefully you guys might have a clue
also would like to expand on the lag on garrys mod. it is basically just freezes for like 1 second which my game freezes completely, again, something totally new.

i am reposting in here because i think something might be wrong with my hardware but i have no clue what, if any of you guys could give me a clue that would be awesome(!!!!)

been getting bsod like 3 times a week and on top of that i cant install windows updates
i've run into a lot of complaints lately of updates not installing correctly and a lot more than usual getting 0x8007000d errors related to it.

updating DISM and running SFC scans do not seem to help in the majority of these reported cases.
neither do clearing Update cache, deleting the Windows Update temporary folders, or anything else that would normally help solve issues with Windows Update.
whether it's just a coincidence or it has something to do with MS relaxing Windows 10 support in favor of 11, who knows?

the only "fix" i've seen regarding a lot of those suffering these recent Update issues is reinstalling the OS.
the BSoD crashes may be related or it may be a totally separate issue for you.
but this would also fix any other OS software corruption that may be causing your frequent crashing.

first try installing while keeping user files & settings in place.

if the issue(s) continue;
if you game much backup your save folders & files,
and backup any other application settings you can then reinstall everything:

Last edited:
Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
edit: op created thread again, this reply was on the 2nd thread.

Last edited:

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
edit: op created thread again, this reply was on the 2nd thread.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V6-R0B002zwd7TElgFsMta_0q3gTXFw0/view?usp=sharing
here it is, thank you

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/fsvphz24/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:042522-15343-01.dmp (Apr 25 2022 - 07:33:29)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 18 Hour(s), 41 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)

File information:042322-16796-01.dmp (Apr 23 2022 - 12:48:16)
Bugcheck:CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
Probably caused by:Unknown_Image (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 44 Min(s), and 56 Sec(s)

File information:042122-8078-01.dmp (Apr 21 2022 - 11:56:37)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 12 Sec(s)

File information:042122-16187-01.dmp (Apr 21 2022 - 05:41:51)
Bugcheck:PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: chrome.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 14 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 12 Sec(s)

File information:041722-16703-01.dmp (Apr 17 2022 - 11:49:03)
Bugcheck:FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: MemCompression)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 22 Hour(s), 29 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-UD-rev-10
There may be a BIOS update available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/fsvphz24/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:042522-15343-01.dmp (Apr 25 2022 - 07:33:29)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 18 Hour(s), 41 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)

File information:042322-16796-01.dmp (Apr 23 2022 - 12:48:16)
Bugcheck:CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
Probably caused by:Unknown_Image (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 44 Min(s), and 56 Sec(s)

File information:042122-8078-01.dmp (Apr 21 2022 - 11:56:37)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 12 Sec(s)

File information:042122-16187-01.dmp (Apr 21 2022 - 05:41:51)
Bugcheck:PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: chrome.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 14 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 12 Sec(s)

File information:041722-16703-01.dmp (Apr 17 2022 - 11:49:03)
Bugcheck:FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: MemCompression)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 22 Hour(s), 29 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-UD-rev-10
There may be a BIOS update available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.
that is the correct Motherboard.
thank you.

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
try running this on the Corsair ssd and check its health - https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6075-corsair-ssd-toolbox.html
try running Seatools for windows on hdd - https://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/seatools/

last 2 look like ssd or hdd, depends where page file is. it appears to me to be a storage problem.
hey, i downloaded the cosrair tool and i am not sure on how to check its health using it. also i would like to mention i am suspecting that it is the ssd that is the problematic one because i am also unable to update windows and i have read about it online and some people said that if you cant update it might be a storage problem.