Ryzen 7 5800x
Aorus x570 elite
650w psu antec
4x 8g 3600 ddr4
Gigabyte eagle 3070
240mm arctic aio
3 intake fans 3 exhaust
I have and m.2 for boot drive, 2tb hard drive & 2 tb SSD

I built mine like 2-3 years ago now and the only upgrade I’ve done it’s 3800x to 5800x & 2070 super oc to 3070
Im currently on bios F37

Never had problems till i installed 3070 and 5800x like 4 months ago & kinda makes me regret upgrading

And recently been getting that BSOD. It seems to only happened once 1 week or when I play games (ark survival ascended & cs2 , mainly cs2 ) I also get a straight to black screen restart after hours of gaming don’t know if this is related or not.

In bios I’ve only messed with the curve optimizer magnitude 25
PPT-110
TDC-75
EDC-120
Because the 5800x temps are no joke
& XMP profile 1 on

Not really the smartest guy when it comes to the software and firmware I’ve done the basic troubleshooting but I still don’t know what to do from that point on

I’m scared I’m going to further brick my pc cause it’s working fine. Just after a few hours of gaming it’s expected.

I’m very tempted to just have a clean install of windows done to my pc hoping that fixes it. I’ve never had this problem so I don’t really know what to do. Any advice I’ll try.

Last edited:
Specs
Ryzen 7 5800x
Aorus x570 elite
650w psu antec
4x 8g 3600 ddr4
Gigabyte eagle 3070
240mm arctic aio
3 intake fans 3 exhaust
I have and m.2 for boot drive, 2tb hard drive & 2 tb SSD

I built mine like 2-3 years ago now and the only upgrade I’ve done it’s 3800x to 5800x & 2070 super oc to 3070
Im currently on bios F37

And recently been getting that BSOD. It seems to only happened once 1 week or when I play games (ark survival ascended & cs2 , mainly cs2 ) I also get a straight to black screen restart after hours of gaming don’t know if this is related or not.

In bios I’ve only messed with the curve optimizer magnitude 25
PPT-110
TDC-75
EDC-120
Because the 5800x temps are no joke
& XMP profile 1 on

Not really the smartest guy when it comes to the software and firmware I’ve done the basic troubleshooting but I still don’t know what to do from that point on

I’m scared I’m going to further brick my pc cause it’s working fine. Just after a few hours of gaming it’s expected.

I’m very tempted to just have a clean install of windows done to my pc hoping that fixes it. I’ve never had this problem so I don’t really know what to do. Any advice I’ll try.
What is the model number of the psu?

Nov 10, 2023
That seems like a good unit but it might be a little light.

When you installed the new gpu did you remove the old drivers and install new drivers?
Okay will look into that

And is that what ur suppose to do when u get a new gpu?
Cause I did not do that, I thought you could just put it right it and is it bad I’ve been updating it still without deleting old ones

Nov 10, 2023
It's best to start out fresh.

Look into DDU to remove old drivers.
Removed old drivers & got the latest driver after

Reinstalled windows from ISO (aslo had some weird errors in command prompt fixed now tho)
It’s been solid since the 10th (didn’t play games at all ready just been relaxing )but just now I still get the weird black screen hard restart(I was just on chrome too watching summit1g & discord open )
Definitely PSU at this point right ? What’s you think 750 800 should be enough or no

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
PSU is most likely, maybe RAM - pull 2 sticks and run it with 16gb for a bit, see if that makes things more stable. New CPU means new IMC, and the IMC itself or the RAM may need more voltage or looser timings to work well together.

Removed old drivers & got the latest driver after

Reinstalled windows from ISO (aslo had some weird errors in command prompt fixed now tho)
It’s been solid since the 10th (didn’t play games at all ready just been relaxing )but just now I still get the weird black screen hard restart(I was just on chrome too watching summit1g & discord open )
Definitely PSU at this point right ? What’s you think 750 800 should be enough or no
If you go the psu route shop for a quality 750w or larger unit.
Look for a psu with a 7-10yr warranty.

Perhaps run a pass of memtest86 to see if it shows anything....it's free.

ubuysa

Distinguished
If you've had several of these BSODs you might want to uipload the dumps in C:\Windows\Minidump to the cloud somewhere with a link to them here (be sure we don't need to login to download them).

Nov 10, 2023
If you go the psu route shop for a quality 750w or larger unit.
Look for a psu with a 7-10yr warranty.

Perhaps run a pass of memtest86 to see if it shows anything....it's free.
Will definitely try that. But I definitely feel like it’s either my PSU or my undervolting PPT TDC & EDC values. I’m no genius but I’ve done a lot of troubleshooting and solutions to fix this.
Reinstall windows ISO
Deleted old drivers
I’ve done a memory diagnostic last month nothing was wrong
Many different command prompt commands.
(Ik there’s a lot more but it’s been a stressful month lol)

It’s so random that I can’t tell when the problem started but it definitely started once the new cpu and gpu were added and I had messed with the Curve optimizer and PPT TDC EDC values immediately because I noticed high temps. Should I also try messing with these again or no

Will definitely try that. But I definitely feel like it’s either my PSU or my undervolting PPT TDC & EDC values. I’m no genius but I’ve done a lot of troubleshooting and solutions to fix this.
Reinstall windows ISO
Deleted old drivers
I’ve done a memory diagnostic last month nothing was wrong
Many different command prompt commands.
(Ik there’s a lot more but it’s been a stressful month lol)

It’s so random that I can’t tell when the problem started but it definitely started once the new cpu and gpu were added and I had messed with the Curve optimizer and PPT TDC EDC values immediately because I noticed high temps. Should I also try messing with these again or no
I have no idea what you played with perhaps set stuff back to stock for test purpose.