[SOLVED] BSOD Automatic Repair Loop

Jun 13, 2021
Currently receiving an automatic repair loop where I receive the message ":( Your device ran into a problem, we'll restart for you". The error accompanying is always a Kernel Security Check Failure.
As with most solutions similar to this problem I've went and made a Windows 10 bootable USB, however when I boot from the USB I get the same BSOD with the only difference being the Kernel Security Check Failure is now replaced with Phase1 Initilization Failed. I have tested the USB with another Windows 10 machine and it worked normally. What solutions are there to this? Is this likely to be a hardware issue?

Colif

Win 11 Master
its possibly hardware

what are the specs of the PC?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Jun 13, 2021
its possibly hardware

what are the specs of the PC?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

It's a Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro Wifi, I'd do a full specs list but I'm on my phone.

I found another solution online that suggested using Q-Flash to update the BIOS, I successfully updated to the latest BIOS from the Gigabyte website, received all the same errors, then attempted to downgrade the BIOS to an earlier stable version. Unfortunately it appears to have failed the BIOS downgrade as I now get a black screen on boot, so I'm assuming I've essentially bricked the motherboard.

Thanks for the link to Memtest, it looks useful and I'm pretty sure it was originally a ram issue so I wish I saw your reply sooner.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution