Question BSOD boot loop even with SSD being cleaned

Jun 20, 2019
I know theres already a ton of answers about problems like the ones I'm having. But I couldn't find anything as specific as what I'm dealing with. So I built my first PC in January and it was working fine for about 3 months. One night I was about to load minecraft and it crashed. The PC started to boot loop with BSOD and I saw the same errors shown in varying orders which I'll list below along with hardware. I did research on the errors and most people suggest booting to safe mode. Problem is I cant do anything but load into BIOS. If I try to let it load into windows it crashes almost immediately after MoBo banner. Ive tried removing the GPU and all USB devices, checking BIOS software was current and UEFI mode enabled, resetting bios by shorting battery, cleaning SSD with the hope's of a fresh windows install fixing it, tried 2 different bootable USBs, even removed SSD from the board completely, running memtest which showed no errors, which eventually led me to think it could be the MoBo. So I went ahead and RMAd the MoBo and MSI ended up sending me a replacement anyway. I just got the MoBo 2 days ago but the BSOD persists in the same exact way. So as a last ditch effort I went and bought new RAM yesterday and I'm still stuck in the same loop. Maybe theres something I've missed in all this but I feel like I've eliminated everything but the CPU and fans (I only had the power for the fans connected. No USBs). Theres not even an OS on the SSD anymore. Can someone please show me the light here

I7-8700K
MSI GTX armor 1070
MSI Tomahawk Z390
New Ram: Corsair vengeance 3Ghz
Old Ram: Patriot Viper 2.6 Ghz
Corsair Hydro H150i
3 120mm corsair LL series fans that were using the lighting node pro at time of original crash
Samsung 970 Evo M.2 500Gb
EVGA 750 G3 80plus gold

Error Codes:
usbxhci.sys
System thread exception not handled
Irql not less or equal
Memory management
Page fault in non page area
KMode exception not handled
External kernel mode not excepted
System service exception

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
tried installing with bare minimum attached? breadboard motherboard - on cardboard if need be. Only have CPU, 1 stick of ram, ssd.. no GPU

can't say I seen this error before - External kernel mode not excepted, the rest are data related. So could be ram (replaced), SSD, Motherboard (replaced) or CPU.. sometimes even PSU.

Its hard to test CPU without an OS as Intel don't make a bootable version. There used to be a website that showed how to use the linux boot USB to run the linux version but the guide page is down.
the same answer applies to Prime95 as well - https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=21458

You can follow this to create a bootable version of samsung magician, use it to test SSD is okay - https://hoops.rocks/2017/12/04/bootable-usb-samsung-magician/

Jun 20, 2019
I appreciate the response man. I'm at work now so I wont be able to report my findings until late this afternoon. I didnt know about the breadboard method so I'll definitely try that tonight. Does it mean anything if I've tried to boot without any SSD connected at all and it still gave the same error codes?