BSOD bootloop system_Thread_exception_not_handled

MarkChia

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
This is the 4th time i'm refreshing my PC in 2 weeks and its driving me crazy. I got this desktop built for me last year and I ran into a lot of problems last dec(http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3583975/killer-network-manager-update-screwed.html). Eventually I gave up trying to diagnose it and just refreshed it and everything was fine again. Or so I thought.

A couple of weeks ago my PC started slowing down badly. I do quite a bit of photo editing and every adjustment in Lightroom would take a few secs to register. I thought it was just another performance issue on LRs part until my PC crashed and gave me a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD. If i remember correctly the driver that was causing it was bckd.sys, which is by Blue Coat K9 web protection. My PC managed to restart itself and I immediately went to install Malwarebytes and avast and ran scans to check if maybe one of the torrents i downloaded had a virus but the scans were clean apart from a bunch of chrome extensions that malwarebytes showed as PUPs. Thought maybe its just a one off crash so I continued using my PC until it crashed again a few mins later. Startup repair didn't work so I refreshed my PC and installed only the programs i really wanted: Lightroom, Photoshop, Steam, Chrome, Avast, Malwarebytes.

Fast forward to today and I've now refreshed my PC 4 times including once 5 mins ago, when it crashed and refused to boot into windows and just kept going to the same BSOD screen after I installed corsair utility engine. Unlike the previous time(check linked thread), though, the only BSOD i've been getting is the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD.

My guess is that either:

One of the torrents had a virus which buried itself somewhere back when i didn't have any antivirus installed

OR

My hardware is faulty

I'm currently backing up all my files so I can do a full reset rather than just a refresh. Would appreciate any other suggestions as i'm not looking forward to doing it.

PC specs in case they help:
Intel i7-7700k
Aorus z270x gaming k5
Palit GTX 1070
Gskill tridentZ RGB 16gb

Solution
Don't reset it until we look at dumps and see whats happening

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and I will get someone to convert the file so I can read it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
MERGED QUESTION
Question from MarkChia : "BSOD bootloop system_Thread_exception_not_handled"

Colif

Win 11 Master
Don't reset it until we look at dumps and see whats happening

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and I will get someone to convert the file so I can read it.

Solution