[SOLVED] BSOD. Can no longer access PC. Not sure what to do. Need advice.

Jun 12, 2020
So I recently upgraded my GPU and have been having issues ever since. Swapped out my RX 580 for an RX 5700 XT. I also upgraded the power supply to a CM 750M because the stock power supply didn’t have the connections I needed for the new GPU. I had difficulty locating the correct drivers at first but eventually got them installed and everything seemed to be running smoothly However, I was occasionally getting blue screen errors but today they became much more frequent. Read some stuff online about driver issues so I attempted to update my drivers but kept getting a blue screen in the process. Some of the errors I received were DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELING_PENDING_OPERATIONS and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL among others... now I’m at the point where when I try to turn the PC on it just never displays... Basically I can’t even access it to troubleshoot. It’ll turn on like normal... everything appears to be powered up as normal... no beeping sounds. But after a few minutes of being on and not displaying anything, it just turns off on its own. Does anyone have any idea of what I should do to resolve this? Thanks.

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

anything on PC you want to save?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELING_PENDING_OPERATIONS
this is an unusual error (in that I haven't seen it before)
Obviously a driver error but still unusual (or should I say rare)

1st answer to odd errors - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you...
Jun 12, 2020
Can you swap back in your old RX 580?
Unfortunately I sold it when I thought everything was good. I took the GPU out and plugged and HDMI cable into the HDMI port on the motherboard. I was able to get it to display like that but I’m seeing a message that says ...

your operating system failed to start properly and needs to be repaired

Unfortunately I sold it when I thought everything was good. I took the GPU out and plugged and HDMI cable into the HDMI port on the motherboard. I was able to get it to display like that but I’m seeing a message that says ...

your operating system failed to start properly and needs to be repaired
Can you boot into the BIOS to see if all your parts are showing up correctly?
You can also try resetting the BIOS.

Jun 12, 2020
I’m able to get into the BIOS. Nothing has changed in regards to the SSD it boots the OS off of. If I go to save BIOS... it goes back to the BIOS load screen and the BIOS load screen freezes after about 30 seconds. Then it just stays there.

Jun 12, 2020
Can you boot into the BIOS to see if all your parts are showing up correctly?
You can also try resetting the BIOS.

Here is what's in my PC:

Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
MSI B250M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
ADATA XPG Z1 24GB DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory (came with 1 8 GB stick, I bought a 2pk and added 16gb)
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (a mechanical drive that was originally an external hard drive. Using it for backup storage for games.)
Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (C: Drive with OS installed)
CM 750 M Power Supply

Eh, that sounds pretty odd. Switching to iGPU gave you visual, so GPU is a suspect. However BIOS freezing could be mobo. Any chance that you fried something with that stock PSU/CM 750?

The PC has been running fine for the most part after I swapped out the PSU about a week ago. Only today did I start to get frequent Blue Screens. I definitely suspect the GPU is the main source of the issues. I'm thinking about doing a fresh install of Windows 10 and then attempting to reinstall the drivers to see if I can at least get through the BIOS screen.

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

anything on PC you want to save?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELING_PENDING_OPERATIONS
this is an unusual error (in that I haven't seen it before)
Obviously a driver error but still unusual (or should I say rare)

1st answer to odd errors - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

now if ram is okay, you probably best doing clean install anyway since you can't use windows from here.

Solution