[SOLVED] BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe, pshed.dll, storport.sys

Jan 3, 2021
Hello to everyone, this is my first thread here on Tom's Hardware, and I have a little problem with my system about a BSOD I got starting up (I have fast startup enabled).
My PC is brand new, I bought it on May, and is a HP 14-3038nl.
Since May I have got 2 BSOD, but the first was because of a virtual machine software (OracleVM).
I have a doc where I write each change to the setting and each software I download, so that I can easily reinstall windows everytime, and I've done it, and since there (4 days ago) I have not experienced any BSOD, but I want to investigate on what could have been the cause to it. As said, crashes occured to ntoskrnl.exe, PSHED.dll, storport.sys. Thanks to everyone who could help me. As said, I have not experienced any more BSOD, but I wanted to figure it out what could have been the reasons.
I have done this post primarily because this error code of the BSOD is usually associated to hardware problems, and this is the reason why I was a bit worried.

Solution
i would update any drivers the assistant offers, you may not need any utilities it offers unless one updates drivers.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Gardenman will reply when he wakes up.

ntoskrnl = windows kernel. normal victim
pshed.dll - Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver - part of windows.
storport.sys - storage port. I think it shows up with nvme drivers.

hp website currently down so i can't tell if you have nvme or not. it can wait until I see driver listing.

Jan 3, 2021
Gardenman will reply when he wakes up.

ntoskrnl = windows kernel. normal victim
pshed.dll - Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver - part of windows.
storport.sys - storage port. I think it shows up with nvme drivers.

hp website currently down so i can't tell if you have nvme or not. it can wait until I see driver listing.
No no, HP is online, it just requires a bit of time to get into, it made the same to me.
Try copying the link instead of clicking on it from here.

TRENDING THREADS