BSOD.... Clean INstall W7 ONtop of vista...Help

peekywhop2

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Sry for the trouble, i have tried to troubleshoot this problem myself but i jus cant get it so i came to u guys for a lil help if u can.... my computer crashes constantly an it alwayz does it even if im in safe mode... It started doing this after i insttalled windows 7.....I previously had windows vista on here along with a dual boot of xp on a seperate hd... I formatted the vista hd an clean installed windows 7... im goin to upload ALL my dumps so if u can look at them an try to help me please i would greatly appreciate it thanx....

Wow.... well I think you'll want to look at a few different things.

First, download and run Memtest86+ to check for memory problems. I'm seeing a lot of error codes pointing to either ram problems or bad drivers.

Second, Run chkdsk and download the Ultimate Boot CD (www.ultimatebootcd.com). Run some of the integrated hard drive diagnostic tools to check for a failing hard drive.

Finally, if the first 2 turn up nothing, check your temps with HWMonitor from CPUID to make sure nothing is overheating.

peekywhop2

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
hey thanx for the reply i ran memtest previously an it did find errors, but i think the test stopped abruptly an did not get to finish... i forget the amount of errors it found but i can run it again if its needed. im about to run chkdsk now if its possible to do in safemode because thats really the only way i can use this computer right now... after that i will do the bootcd thanx an i will let u kno the results

You have to find the specs on your RAM... specifically what voltage it requires. You can change this in your BIOS (provided it's not a name brand computer like Dell or HP). If the voltage settings in BIOS match the specs on the RAM, then the RAM is likely defective and will need to be replaced.

peekywhop2

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
how can i check wat brand ram i got in my computer without taking it out... an i have an emachines but i jus installed a fresh copy of windows 7 on it i bought the coputer with vista on it

peekywhop2

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
when i got the computer it came with one ram stick i switched them out so these arent the factory ram sticks its 2, 512mb sticks... but they r kinda old now so they might be defective

peekywhop2

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
hey i just put two of the same ram sticks in my computer both the same brand and size. I loaded up windows an it still crashed wat should i go about doing to solve this problem now?