Question Bsod clock_watchdog_timeout

Jul 12, 2022
Hey

Today I received my ryzen 5 5600x to replace my r 5 1600
Upgraded my bios, swapped the CPUs, changed back some bios setting since they got reset
Everything is nice I gained a lot of for in games like the witcher or LoL, but I wanted to play Summoners war so I launched Blue stacks (emulator), launched one of my instances and boom, bsod clock_watchdog
Rest area my pc, launched BS, bsod again with the same error, I changes stuff in the bios, it crashed again, did a reset of the bios, still crashed

So here's where k am today

Ryzen 5 5600x
RX 6700 AT
Gygabite b450m ds3h (lastest bios 63f)
2x8 gb 3200mz (same box)
Seasonic 650w gold

Pc got a clean windows install 2 weeks ago, drivers and updates are up to date
So far I've found only one app that makes me

I'd like aome

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

download autoruns64 from here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

then find amdryzenmasterdriver.sys
and disable it and reboot. See if you still bugcheck.

The timeout value was 10 clock ticks this means that it is a timeout for one cpu core talking to another cpu core. To see what the problem is you need to change the memory dump type to kernel memory dump rather than a mini memory dump. Then provide the file c:\windows\memory.dmp.

most of the time I find this error is related to a failed plug and play install of some device. So you can go into windows control panel, device manager, find the menu item to show hidden devices and then delete the hidden devices and look for any other device that failed to install.

this info will be included in a kernel memory dump but is not in a minidump.

you want to disable the amdryzenmasterdriver since it provides overclock settings that can cause timing issues in the cpu.
(the driver and the bios versions should match and they do not)

Jul 12, 2022
Hi, so turns out my old cpu drivers were still there so i deleted them, disabled amdryzenmasterdriver, changed to kernel memory dumps, restarted my pc and launched bluestacks, bluescreen, restarted again and went to launch it again and got a message telling me to enable SVM mode, did that and now the game is running, i have 2 instances running right now, and they ruin smoothly, i was having some fps issues with them for the last few weeks

So i think everything is good now, i'll see if anything change in the next few days.

Thank you very much !