Question BSOD constant errors

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
So i have been having constant windows 10 crashes or BSOD errors and mostly everything that i try either doesnt work or it solves it but creates a new error.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
@PC Tailor can you look at that for me? Gardenman is getting too many errors off the dumps
Just give me a couple minutes my friend.

I think there are a lot of changes happening in the background, I would too be getting Symbol errors, but I've found a solution on my end for all the symbol errors, but it also means I've had to remove any link to a local cache of symbols, meaning the debug takes a little bit longer than one would usually like!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Right well despite many looks, I had a multitude of symbol errors too, which might indicate some corruption. However I think I have been able to do enough to get a reasonable report out.

I have run the report and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/2Qhm.html

Summary of Findings:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffffa443ebd49c3, ffffa583525fe470, 0}
* Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Unable to identify faulting module
  • If new device drivers or system services have been added recently, try removing or updating them. Try to determine what changed in the system that caused the new bug check code to appear.
  • Look in Device Manager to see if any devices are marked with the exclamation point (!). Review the events log displayed in driver properties for any faulting driver. Try updating the related driver.
  • Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. For more information, see Open Event Viewer. Look for critical errors in the system log that occurred in the same time window as the blue screen.
  • If you recently added hardware to the system, try removing or replacing it. Or check with the manufacturer to see if any patches are available.

Some things to consider:
  • The summary above will have some general tips
  • I believe there is an updated BIOS (10/07/18) available for your MB: Link
  • If I am not mistaken, I noticed you are using 2 different packs of RAM (mixed modules not from the same pack) this can be an easy cause for BSOD and corruption
  • Are you running any overclock at all? It may be worth resetting your BIOS to ensure all overclocks are removed first (RAM is running at 2400 for example).
  • MSI Afterburner can cause BSOD in some settings
  • You'll also want to ensure that your Intel Management Engine driver is also updated with your BIOS, as these 2 should be "aligned".
  • You'll also want to check if your Broadcom wireless driver is up to date as this can cause common BSOD errors too.
  • As a final note, due to the corruption found, a memtest may be necessary, but wait for @Colif to feedback.

Reactions: gardenman

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
Right well despite many looks, I had a multitude of symbol errors too, which might indicate some corruption. However I think I have been able to do enough to get a reasonable report out.

I have run the report and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/2Qhm.html

Summary of Findings:

Some things to consider:
  • The summary above will have some general tips
  • I believe there is an updated BIOS (10/07/18) available for your MB: Link
  • If I am not mistaken, I noticed you are using 2 different packs of RAM (mixed modules not from the same pack) this can be an easy cause for BSOD and corruption
  • Are you running any overclock at all? It may be worth resetting your BIOS to ensure all overclocks are removed first (RAM is running at 2400 for example).
  • MSI Afterburner can cause BSOD in some settings
  • You'll also want to ensure that your Intel Management Engine driver is also updated with your BIOS, as these 2 should be "aligned".
  • You'll also want to check if your Broadcom wireless driver is up to date as this can cause common BSOD errors too.
  • As a final note, due to the corruption found, a memtest may be necessary, but wait for @Colif to feedback.
I did just update bios still nothing.
I am using mixed memory unfortunately
I’m not sure but I got my i5-7600k our the box and was already overclocked to 4.2ghz and bios reads normal
I don’t even have afterburner installed
I updated the intel management driver and still
And the Broadcom is the latest driver for my network adapter not sure if there’s much I can do there
I already did memtest and said it’s was fine but I’ll check again

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think the symbol errors more likely the debugger itself, last few times Microsoft have released a new Version update, they have broken the debugger

What make/model is the wifi adapter as the 2014 drivers are likely rebadged Win 7 drivers.

Wifi adapters are one thing that has been tripping people over all year, older ones that were released with Win 7 are unlikely to actually have win 10 drivers. MIght be time to get a new one, I would aim for one that supports latest Wifi version (802.11ac or higher) as its less likely to have win XP drivers which I use to tell how old an adapter really is.

Colif

Win 11 Master
That isn't an old model. ac is what I have. Newest drivers appear to be Dec 2015 - https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/download/archer-t6e/?utm_medium=select-local#Driver

see if this works
Alright, so to help you, I'll put as clear of a path as possible that I took. It's taken me 3 hours to work this out for myself. I also have Windows 10 64Bit and bought this card and had tons of problems getting it installed.

1. Download and install latest drivers from TP-Link's website for Archer T6E Windows 10.
  2. Extract and Install the 'Setup.exe' (I ran this in Windows 8 Compatibility Mode as an Administrator)
  3. Locate "SetupController_Log.txt" in C:\ProgramData\TP-Link\
  4. Locate line similar to "17:44:26: OS is 64-bit. g_bvIsOS64 = TRUE, g_szWINSYSDIR = C:\WINDOWS\system32\, g_szDevcon = C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\{84CF8374-E9D9-4487-9619-E2C723DE617C}\{2716E9BF-1A34-45DE-B657-541F4AED9858}\devAMD64.exe"
  5. I suggest following the directions on TP-Link's website for the Windows 8 Manual Install of the driver. When it states to look for the *.INF, direct the installer to the same location as the temp folder in step 4. For me it was "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\{84CF8374-E9D9-4487-9619-E2C723DE617C}\{2716E9BF-1A34-45DE-B657-541F4AED9858}\"
  6. This should locate the proper drivers for the card and allow you to properly install and use the card.

I'd love to have someone confirm this works for them.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/tp-link-archer-ac1300-not-recognised-by-pc.2655741/

i know your card is seen, it might help though. Seems latest drivers are from 2015

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I've ran the new dump file and you can view the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/31ze.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 192, {ffffe6046c9dc080, ffffe6046c203b88, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExAcquirePushLockExclusiveEx+145 )

KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
A lock tracked by AutoBoost was acquired while executing at DISPATCH_LEVEL or
above.

Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe6046c9dc080, The address of the thread.
Arg2: ffffe6046c203b88, The lock address.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, The IRQL at which the lock was acquired.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved.

Technical Cause:
The caller cannot be blocking on a lock above APC_LEVEL because the lock may be held exclusively by the interrupted thread, which would cause a deadlock.

PROCESS_NAME: Spotify.exe
MODULE_NAME: nt
IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

This is a less common bugcheck from my experience. The obvious difference in thirs aprty drivers is Norton being present during this.
Is any overclock being used anywhere at all? I noticed XTU and more, so you'll want to ensure all OC is removed first.

I will also wait, my initial post stated how the mixed modules can cause problems, so this could well still be the cause.

Colif

Win 11 Master
so im using one of my sticks of ram and havent got any crashes im gonna run my pc all day to see if thats it if so im gonna need to my a dual channel ram set

I was about to suggest this. My bad for not noticing ram modules weren't the same, not used to reading PC tailors reports, used to the layout of gardenmans...

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors

as my 1st response to weird errors is check ram

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
i did and it didnt say anything i ordered new ram in matched sets and seeing if that fixes it
ive been running my pc with 1 stick of ram from both of them and it hasnt crashed once

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wonder if its a coincidence the 1st fix here is remove wireless Adapter drivers
Well this error in Windows is not common and if you are facing this error then there are two main reasons as to why you are seeing this error. One being Bluetooth drivers and other is your wireless adapter.
https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-kernel-auto-boost-lock-acquisition-windows-10/

there isn't a great time difference between these 2, I was expecting the Dec 2015 drivers to be a little newer than that?
Old
bcmwl63a.sys06/02/2014, 09:57:28BroadcomBroadcom Wireless Network Adapter

New
bcmwl63a.sys2/5/2014, 10:25:42 AMBroadcomBroadcom Wireless Network Adapter
So they could still be the cause

So can you run using Ethernet cable rather than WIfi and remove adapter and see if you still get bsod?

there is an alternative, you can read the 2nd thread in this post and run driver verifier and see what Microsoft shows is cause - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
I wonder if its a coincidence the 1st fix here is remove wireless Adapter drivers

https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-kernel-auto-boost-lock-acquisition-windows-10/

there isn't a great time difference between these 2, I was expecting the Dec 2015 drivers to be a little newer than that?
Old
bcmwl63a.sys06/02/2014, 09:57:28BroadcomBroadcom Wireless Network Adapter

New
bcmwl63a.sys2/5/2014, 10:25:42 AMBroadcomBroadcom Wireless Network Adapter
So they could still be the cause

So can you run using Ethernet cable rather than WIfi and remove adapter and see if you still get bsod?

there is an alternative, you can read the 2nd thread in this post and run driver verifier and see what Microsoft shows is cause - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/
i dont really have access to my ethernet so i use wireless so i tried the other option which is my ram and i havent gotten a single error yet so i might have to order dual channel matched sets and not individual.

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
So pretty much i updated drivers and got new ram seeing as they were separate from each other and i still get same bsod errors.

Specs:
Msi z270 a-pro
i5-7600k
EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6gb
16 gb ram

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Apologies, I didn't see the second dump, I have ran it and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/mHgz.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, ffffb960c01d4d40, ffffca037fdc6b50, 0}
Probably caused by : win32kbase.sys ( win32kbase!W32GetThreadWin32Thread+2c )

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.

0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
A memory access violation occurred. (Parameter 4 of the bug check is the address that the driver attempted to access.)
Usually caused by drivers.

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
MODULE_NAME: win32kbase
IMAGE_NAME: win32kbase.sys

This is typically caused by drivers. Some things to consider:
  • I could not verify BIOS information, you may find an update for this.
  • You should also verify your Intel Management Engine driver is up to date with your BIOS as these 2 should be aligned.
  • I am not aware of normal integrity (stability) of cfosspeed6.sys
  • I am not aware of normal integrity (stability) of semav6msr64.sys and could not identify it
  • You may want to remove MSI Afterburner as this can cause BSOD.
  • You can disable drivers using Autoruns without uninstalling them as a test.
  • Should all else fail, driver verifier may need to be used.
Await further feedback from others.