Question BSOD constant errors

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
So i have been having constant windows 10 crashes or BSOD errors and mostly everything that i try either doesnt work or it solves it but creates a new error.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I had a quick look at the raw stack and noticed a driver from Norton/Symantec.
Thank you my friend!

Which stack for which dump file is this?
Just wondering to see, as I've had to run 3 dump files, and realise that the first 2 reports have been deleted, and I believe Norton wasn't actually present in the first dump file, wasn't even loaded, so couldn't have caused the crash unless there was a more indirect conflict.

Just realising you wouldn't have been able to see the reports for all 3! Unfortunately the site I use clears data after a while.
This is a less common bugcheck from my experience. The obvious difference in thirs aprty drivers is Norton being present during this.
This was on the second dump file debug.

Always worth a shot though! Antivirus can cause all manner of problems, just wondering what would explain the first dump file.

Will be worth using autoruns to disable anything required.

From what I saw you opted to suggest Norton removal because its drivers were present in the loaded modules?
I certainly may hope Norton is present in the loaded modules, Norton would be terrible if it wouldn't be loaded to protect real-time. I find the reason that it is present in the loaded modules an inappropriate one in this case for removal.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
From what I saw you opted to suggest Norton removal because its drivers were present in the loaded modules?
I certainly may hope Norton is present in the loaded modules, Norton would be terrible if it wouldn't be loaded to protect real-time. I find the reason that it is present in the loaded modules an inappropriate one in this case for removal.
Norton was not present in the first dump file loaded modules, but WAS in the other 2, so Norton likely couldn't have caused the initial crash directly, but may have in some other way.

As Colif has stated, we all see how some AVs cause these problems! :)

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
So im not sure which one fixed my issues but what i did was.

I wanted more from my cpu so i overclocked it to 4.3ghz.
I uninstalled norton and all the msi utilities.
I tried using my old ram that wasnt matched and it did cause a bsod so that was a factor.
But my drivers for my wifi adapter seemed to be fine since im running without an issue ive been running for atleast 3 days straight without bsod.

Since i did all of thsoe at the same time i really dont know what fixed what

Colif

Win 11 Master
overclock not likely to have fixed it - I have never recommended an overclock to fix an error before so I suspect it wasn't fix.
it could be either 2 or 3. removing drivers is one way to fix errors caused by them. ram can also cause bsod so as you said, hard to say which is solution.

Fingers crossed :)

Reactions: PC Tailor

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
overclock not likely to have fixed it - I have never recommended an overclock to fix an error before so I suspect it wasn't fix.
it could be either 2 or 3. removing drivers is one way to fix errors caused by them. ram can also cause bsod so as you said, hard to say which is solution.

Fingers crossed :)

Ive been running my pc without any rest to see if it would give me any bsod errors cause i get most of my errors running my pc for a long time and that can sometimes be annoying trying to have my pc do something for a while have been running my pc for 3-4 days straight and no errors. Then again i feel like it could have been a overclock issue because when i installed my cpu into this pc it came pre loaded overclocked to 4.1 ghz for some reason when base clock so i kinda felt like something could have been wrong with the overclock. Ive also been meaning to overclock it to 4.3 anyways.

Reactions: PC Tailor