BSOD Crash problems in games PLEASE HELP

Domenic Lang

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013
My pc crashes at very odd times. Whenever I alt tab or change the resolution in borderlands 2 or dark souls it causes my whole pc to crash/bsod/black screen untill reboot...

Also in after playing GTA V for some time i get massive sound stutters, and one time just plugging in my headphones after getting the sound stutters caused my whole pc to crash, with the sound stuck repeating, same as in the video posted below... It also crashed once while changing the settings, specifically turning on msaa.

Also when I run my gpu's without drivers installed, or run my pc in safe mode, I cant get even 1 fps in any game, every game I try to play looks like a slide show with the frame changing once about every 5 seconds.... wtf is wrong with my pc??

I ran memtest86, prime 95, no problems... Defragged my hard drive, didnt help...

Can someone please help me figure out what could cause these problems, nobody replied to my last forum...... please help. I didn't spend over 1000$ to deal with this bullshit

Here is the video showing my problem :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3troNdft1Bw

MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC
FX 8350
GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD5
1x8 GB 1866 (mobo downlocks to 1600mhz)
1 TB WD Blue HDD
Rosewill 750w 80+ Bronze PSU
Windows 8.1 Professional 64 bit

Solution
The answer follows two tracks:
If you recently updated drivers or added hardware, roll back the drivers and remove the hardware. Then see if the system doesn't blue screen.
If you haven't added any new hardware and haven't updated drivers, try updating the drivers. Update them one by one and try to reproduce the BSOD. When you can't reproduce the BSOD you may have found your culprit.
Or you may have failing hardware.
When you remove the drivers or switch to safemode remember that; No drivers effectively means no video card. Or you have absolutely no acceleration.

kyllien

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
The answer follows two tracks:
If you recently updated drivers or added hardware, roll back the drivers and remove the hardware. Then see if the system doesn't blue screen.
If you haven't added any new hardware and haven't updated drivers, try updating the drivers. Update them one by one and try to reproduce the BSOD. When you can't reproduce the BSOD you may have found your culprit.
Or you may have failing hardware.
When you remove the drivers or switch to safemode remember that; No drivers effectively means no video card. Or you have absolutely no acceleration.

Solution

Domenic Lang

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013

Thank you for your input. I am pretty sure I'm having some kind of hardware failure. I've updated/reinstalled drivers many times, the problem remains unaffected. I replaced my mobo and psu and still have these similar problems with multiple gpu's. The problem seems to be narrowing down to either the CPU, RAM or HDD. What confuses me is a run prime 95 and memtest86 without any problems at all... So I don't know what could cause my system to crash so selectively like this. It's really confusing. Most likely the culprit would seem to be the CPU at this point, but it run's stable in all other situations and stress tests, so I don't know how these small things could cause my pc to BSOD