[SOLVED] BSOD Critical Process Died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
I know it's due to the Windows update and I see ways to fix it in Google but I can't do them because I'm stuck on the splash screen. I have the options to get into BIOS but it won't even let me do that.

Is windows doing a chkdsk in the background or do I have to do a fresh install again?!

Eta: I wonder if this has to do with my BSODs yesterday due to intel rapid storage.

Last edited:
Solution
Ok I think I fixed this:

I started my pc with the usb with my windows install/repair stuff connected, thinking I would do a repair, but I decided to get into BIOS when I saw that option.

Pressed Optimized Defaults and saved that, then F5 thinking it would launch me into safe mode; it didn't but it did boot the pc.

Used System File Checker to scan the system.

The scan found corrupted files and repaired them.

Restarted, no problems.

P.S. I dont' care if it's goofy that I click solve on my own threads, I am solving them.

P.P.S. My system is back to booting at its normal speed and my ssd with windows is no longer making weird noises. (From yesterdays BSOD.)

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
Ok I think I fixed this:

I started my pc with the usb with my windows install/repair stuff connected, thinking I would do a repair, but I decided to get into BIOS when I saw that option.

Pressed Optimized Defaults and saved that, then F5 thinking it would launch me into safe mode; it didn't but it did boot the pc.

Used System File Checker to scan the system.

The scan found corrupted files and repaired them.

Restarted, no problems.

P.S. I dont' care if it's goofy that I click solve on my own threads, I am solving them.

P.P.S. My system is back to booting at its normal speed and my ssd with windows is no longer making weird noises. (From yesterdays BSOD.)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.