Question BSOD (critical_process_died), unable to boot safe mode, unable to reset computer, tried countless commands. What in the world am I supposed to do now?

Mar 6, 2019
I've tried many different solutions that the internet offered me: boot to safe mode, factory reset, system commands, disk scans, nothing, absolutely nothing worked. The factory resets would end with failure and safe mode couldn't boot since it would lead straight to bsod. I've been trying to fix this problem for 3 days to no avail. I have very important files in my hard drive that would be a pain to lose. Please people, I'm in dire need of help.

AreeSoothsayer

Honorable
Dec 20, 2014
If you have an extra HD or SSD that holds u nwanted data or just is empty you can install windows, or linux, and use that to retrieve the files on your HD and place them in a secure drive. I make monthly backups of my main windows drive with reflect image files.

Or, the bsod could be a hardware failure all on it's own. Which would become obvious if the same thing occured on a clean install on an extra drive.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Go to command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

Once you copied everything off PC you need, try a clean install
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

if you get same error after clean install, I have to agree with above that is could be hardware.
critical processes are all windows files, so corruption caused by RAM or hdd could also cause them.