BSoD DDR4 3 months old - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, BAD_POOL_HEADER, KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

nilsmett

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
I have a new system finished about 3 months ago with motherboard bought about 1 year ago and RAM about 3 months ago, each have been stored in my normal temperature room. The PC has worked great with windows 10 for all these months, until just 3 days ago when i got the "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" blue screen. I hadn't installed, atleast to my knowledge, any new drivers or updates that day and the only thing I installed that day was a game (Awesomenauts) and mods to Cities Skylines. I have no idea why the blue screen showed up just then and not earlier if it was a hardware problem but this is my first build so I don't know how common that would be. My third BSoD was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and it showed the message "What failed: win32kbase.sys". Although I only received this kind of message once on only this BSoD.

I ran sfc /scannow in normal mode but then it crashed and then I ran it in safe mode, although it said it found missing files, but it couldn't fix them. I also ran DISM where I got error (0x800f0906) and I got the message "The source files could not be downloaded". I also ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and I got the message "Your computer has a memory problem", "Memory problems can cause your computer to lose information or stop working. To identify and repair the problem, contact the computer manufacturer." Although I built the system, Corsair is the memory manufacturer and I have sent them a ticket too, but as I don't know how well or how fast they will respond, I will ask here.

I tried to update drivers but the only one I found and updated was the GPU driver, but the blue screens persisted. The PC found a windows update (Function Update Win 10, version 1709) but I got the error (0x8007000d). Thinking this was Windows fault, I reset Windows, keeping my personal files, and deleting all applications. After installing MSI Gaming App and continuing to download Steam. I got another blue screen (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT). And since I haven't used my PC so I haven't received any other blue screens.

Please let me know if you know what the problem is and if you have any solution that I haven't tried yet.

Specs
MB: MSI GAMING PRO B150A
CPU: i5 - 6500
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 PC19200/2400MHz CL14 2x8GB (CMK16GX4M2A2400C14)
GPU: PNY GTX 1060 6GB
HDD: 1TB WD Blue

TRENDING THREADS