[SOLVED] BSOD Driver verifier violation detected

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ruanwagenaar27

Honorable
Sep 5, 2017
I did a memtest in win 10 and came back with a error reporting something about my ram. tried driver verifier and got BSOD upon restart Driver verifier detected violation. Got blue screen view and saved the dump file it looks like two errors came up Caused By Driver (nordlwf.sys) & Caused By Address (nordlwf.sys+2b0b) & Crash Address (ntoskrnl.exe+3f5780)

here is link with blue screen view Dump file and link with c:/windows/minidump file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11zWxfDq6_FWJLndIL9Er__XpWbmbe-ox/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NG8R42X04zjwyISqoKARMpq64kCb1oo5/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

ruanwagenaar27

Honorable
Sep 5, 2017
ok thanks sfc didnt find anything just running the resore health after that if everything turns up fine i guess the problem is fixed? You said i dont have to run verifier again if memtest came back with 0 errors and sfc found nothing?

Colif

Win 11 Master
You said i dont have to run verifier again if memtest came back with 0 errors and sfc found nothing?
i checked, I said you don't have to run it on windows services, not that you don't have to run it.

Ok memtest came back with 0 errors, i went to bios and optimized defaults, running sfc /scannow. if sfc doesnt pick up errors must i still run image restore health online?
so the main problem was faulty ram module im just happy i guessed and picked the correct faulty one otherwise i would sit here till tomorrow with memtest running.

Both can't be right? is a stick bad or not?

Bad ram can lead to freezes.

powershell result is fine then.

ruanwagenaar27

Honorable
Sep 5, 2017
i checked, I said you don't have to run it on windows services, not that you don't have to run it.

Both can't be right? is a stick bad or not?

Bad ram can lead to freezes.

powershell result is fine then.

A stick is bad (what i meant) i removed ram module in dimm 4 slot and did the memtest again while the other 3 ram modules were still present and memtest came back with 0 errors. The first test i stopped at pass 3 because errors count were 230 and exceeding

Removed the one stick in dimm 4 and all was well in memtest

So i guess it must be the stick