BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILRURE/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

Dakohta Crawford

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015
Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer recently BSOD'ing alot. I will get one of two errors when it does; DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE or VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)
I would appreciate it if someone could help.

OS - Windows 8.1 64bit
GPU - GTX675M
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Let me know any other files you might need to be able to asses and or/ help me fix this.

KillerTheSkyLord

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
Maybe your PSU is not supplying enough energy to your system you can upgrade to a 750Watt PSU which can give you enough room to power your system if you can't afford paying for a new PSU if you own a old psu or a bunch of old computers take the old PSU out do the paper clip trick and use a molex to 6 - 8 pin adapter and power the old psu first then power your computer to ensure your graphics chip is getting enough power but its not recommended for me but thats the last resort if you cannot purchase a better PSU

Janne_

Reputable
Dec 12, 2015
Hi!
I have been getting these 2 errors also for a half a year now. I literally tried everything to fix this problem and now 6 months later, i'm still getting this error when playing games. Now i have a gaming computer that runs only a few games.
Yet still i found an interesting thing, when i unplug my laptop, and try to play these games with my battery. I will not get these errors! I assume that you also have a laptop, could it also be a MSI GT70?

fr0stBiteX

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015

Go to Nvidia Panel - Then find there 3D apps options. Use the global options and make your NVIDIA card as default graphic processor.
Then change options in the list for most performance, for example...

CUDA - GPU: All
Anisotropic filtering: Management of applications
Vertical sync: Use application settings
Prepared images of virtual reality: 4
Shaded background light: Off
Caching shaders: ON
Maximum number of predefined frames: 4
Streaming Optimization: ON
Power management modes: Maximum Performance
Smoothing - FXAA: Off
Smoothing - parameters: management of applications
Smoothing - Transparency: Off
Smoothing - mode: management of applications
Triple buffering: on
Accelerate multi-display / blablabla: Mode single display performance
Texture filtering - Anisotropic optimization: on
Texture filtering - Quality: High Performance
Texture filtering - negative deviation: Allow
Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization: on

That was help me on my Lenovo Z710.
I from Russia, so I translate all this options in google translate, hope you understand this)

Fleshremover

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
I found a way to temporarily fix it, I recently bought my gtx960 and it came with a driver cd, I had the same problem after I updated a driver from nvidia but when I started my pc the screen would be a messed up as I couldn't tell where anything was, anyway I went into safe mode and reinstalled the cd with the clean install setting and restarted it and it worked fine

Latest posts