[SOLVED] Bsod error and cannot fix pc

Jan 3, 2021
I am consistantly getting driver irql not less or equal error and i cannot boot windows10 and no way of accessing windows. I have even purchased a new motherboad and ram, did not fix the issue. Tried using same ssd on different pc and worked fine and could install windows properly but i cannot install windows or use safe mode.

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

lets see if it crashes in safe mode
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY

EXIT

You are back to the boot screen -> Shutdown the computer.

Boot back up and "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode...
I am consistantly getting driver irql not less or equal error and i cannot boot windows10 and no way of accessing windows. I have even purchased a new motherboad and ram, did not fix the issue. Tried using same ssd on different pc and worked fine and could install windows properly but i cannot install windows or use safe mode.
That error is often caused by memory. Either bad memory or set to unstable speed or timings. Also, check you have the memory installed in the correct DIMM slots as stated in your motherboard manual.
Sometimes ram can look like it is fully seated in the slot when it isn't quite fully in. Reseat it to check.

Jan 3, 2021
That error is often caused by memory. Either bad memory or set to unstable speed or timings. Also, check you have the memory installed in the correct DIMM slots as stated in your motherboard manual.
Sometimes ram can look like it is fully seated in the slot when it isn't quite fully in. Reseat it to check.
I have checked my ram already and my speeds have not been adjusted or changed and i have bought new ram as well i make sure they always are secured

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Jan 3, 2021
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
I cannot access windows it will not boot

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

EXIT

Boot back up and "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To reverse that you can use the same steps and type these (again note spaces)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY STANDARD

Restart but F8 will not work now.

now if you can get into safe mode, you could do the steps in my last post, restart PC, let it crash,, then go back into safe mode and copy the minidumps. We can uninstall drivers in safe mode, we just can't install any

if safe mode doesn't work
is there anything on C you don't want to lose? just in case
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

you can try a reset
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose reset this PC
choose keep files/settings (Files = library folders. Library folders = Documents, pictures, movies, music (the default folders that come with windows). Settings = logins and desktop)

Solution
Jan 3, 2021

boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt

C:

EXIT

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To reverse that you can use the same steps and type these (again note spaces)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY STANDARD

Restart but F8 will not work now.

now if you can get into safe mode, you could do the steps in my last post, restart PC, let it crash,, then go back into safe mode and copy the minidumps. We can uninstall drivers in safe mode, we just can't install any

if safe mode doesn't work
is there anything on C you don't want to lose? just in case
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

you can try a reset
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose reset this PC
choose keep files/settings (Files = library folders. Library folders = Documents, pictures, movies, music (the default folders that come with windows). Settings = logins and desktop)
My computer either freezes after trying to boot to the usb installer or after i click repair before i selelct another option after that it freezes and gives me bsod error

Colif

Win 11 Master
If you certain its booting off the USB and not the normal boot drive, and still freezes, it is likely a hardware problem.

How did you check ram?
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

if you can't even run memtest, um... I would take pc to repair store and ask them to look as something fundamentally wrong with PC if it won't boot USB