Question BSOD error and weird issue

Jul 7, 2021
I've been having problems with my pc and it's seriously driving me crazy and I can't find a fix.

So problem one, if I attempt to download the latest drivers for my GPU it crashes in the middle of installing and goes to a blue screen of death with the message "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED nvlddmkm.sys" and every time I try to turn it on it will only ever boot into this blue screen. I have tried everything, going into safe mode uninstalling the drivers, using DDU, pretty much everything I saw online and nothing works. The only fix is doing a complete reinstall of windows, but if I ever try to update my GPU this will happen.

The second problem I'm having is I cannot use a display port cable with my pc, if I attempt to use it my pc will get stuck in boot and stay on a black screen forever, if I try to use an HDMI cable after attempting to use the display port it will still not work, just stays black. Again the only way to fix this for me is to do a complete reinstall of windows.

My specs are 980Ti, I5 11400, 16GB ram, a EVGA 750W power supply, and the motherboard is ASUS TUF B560m. I recently upgraded my pc, the only thing I kept from my last one is the 980Ti

Please help, only way to even use my pc currently is to never update GPU and to never use the display port which in turn I cant get 144hz.

Jul 7, 2021
Anyone?

Tried some more stuff and still can’t update graphics card without it crashing, I tried the DDU in safe mode thing, didn’t work.

Also, I was able to connect my pc trough display port connected to the mobo with the GPU removed. But the second I tried it with it plugged into the GPU just a black screen stuck in boot forever again.

Jul 7, 2021
So I ended up fixing the display port problem so that works fine now.

Now I’m just stuck on getting that blue screen of death with error code "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED nvlddmkm.sys" while trying to update the graphics card