Question BSOD Error

User1990

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
I got 2 BSOD's this week, I haven't gotten any in the past.
First one was CACHE_MANAGER and 2nd one was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.
I've also been disconnecting from discord all the time. But only discord.
Any ideas?

B650 AORUS ELITE AX
RYZEN 5 7600X
DDR5 KINGSTON FURY 6000MHZ
RTX 4060
750W PLATINUM BE QUIET
2X M2 980 PRO AND 980

Last edited:

User1990

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
Where did you source the installer for your OS?
Microsoft website.
First one was on w11.
2nd one on w10.
I think the culprit might be Valorant.
I heard it has issues with last patch.
What could it be if not tho ?

No idea about discord tho. Been happening for a while.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If you 've installed the OS while hooked to the www, it might've downloaded drivers it thought was right for your platform, this is why it's advised on installing the OS in offline.

It could also be a corruption of the OS, did you recreate the installer to rule out a corruption in said installer?

User1990

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
If you 've installed the OS while hooked to the www, it might've downloaded drivers it thought was right for your platform, this is why it's advised on installing the OS in offline.

It could also be a corruption of the OS, did you recreate the installer to rule out a corruption in said installer?
I did yes, PC ended up running perfectly fine for 3-4 days but unfortunately started lagging again even tho I didn't update/install or download anything.

User1990

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021

Yesterday I found out that removing the ethernet cable from the PC port for a bit and plugging it back makes PC become smooth again.
I've also been disconnecting from discord all the time, but not games.
Noone else in the house dc's from discord.
Could my NIC be broken or just a bad one?

I have a shielded cat8 cable, an expensive one at that. Different cables don't help.