Question BSOD every day. Laggy computer after new motherboard.

Sep 14, 2022
Hi, my previous motherboard asus z87-a stopped working so i installed z-87 Pro. I get blue screen of death every day atleast once, usually not long after i start windows and do whatever. So today i downloaded all the updated drivers from asus website and managed to install some of them but was getting an error on one of them. So i restarted my PC and it wouldn't start, then i restarted again and booted into windows recovery setup which then freezed. I restarted again and booted into windows normally instead of choosing the recovery setup option.
I'm certain something is wrong with my computer after i installed my new motherboard. Not only are the BSOD's not normal and i never used to get this before, but the computer seems laggy. My CPU is spiking constantly even though no applications are open and my memory is always at 50% or around there. And i'm not sure what to do, i think my drivers are not right either. Please help.
Here is a picture of task manager with nothing open, cpu usage is constantly spiking anywhere from 8% to 32% and memory is high aswell. I need help also with fixing my drivers issue.
View: https://imgur.com/a/RadFAFC

Sep 14, 2022
I do not wish to reinstall windows. I need help in locating my current drivers and uninstalling them 1 by 1 and reinstalling the updated drivers. Asus z87-a to Asus z87 pro, minor difference but i'm guessing drivers are still different could be a cause of the BSOD. Also, i don't think driver issues would cause my cpu usage to become abnormal.

USAFRet

Titan
I do not wish to reinstall windows.
Yes, that is what everyone says.

However.....

When changing the motherboard and wanting to use the old OS, there are 3 possible outcomes:
  1. It works just fine
  2. It fails completely
  3. it "works", but you're chasing issues for weeks/months.

You are deep into #3.

It will take you far longer to track down and attempt to "fix" this, than simply starting over.

Its not just the "drivers". If it were, this would be a trivial fix for everyone on the planet.

A Windows install is not as plug n play as we'd like.
Pre Win 10, even more so.

Sep 14, 2022
I understand but i think there's a decent chance the computer runs fine once i can locate the old drivers, uninstall and then install the new drivers. I checked device manager but couldn't locate the network adapter, i can post screenshots if you like. Installing new drivers while not uninstalling previous ones might have been the wrong approach but nothing can be done about that now. All i can do is uninstall all drivers and then fresh install updated ones. Also it's the same series motherboard, just from A to Pro so it should be compatible.

Even if you somehow managed to cleanly reinstall every driver (unlikely), there still could be other issues with the OS during this hardware change.
You are going to need to reinstall. There is no "decent chance" about it, its slim to none you solve this issue by perusing that route.