Question BSOD everytime i play a game !!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
hey everyone so about a month ago my pc start keeps restarting everytime i play a game , sometimes it doesnt but when it does it happen everytime i play , when it doesnt i keep playing any game without a BSOD, but mostly when i play pubg it happens most of the time, and sometimes it doesnt happen in any game , i would like u to help me guys thanks in advance, my cpu is 35 idle
when gaming 55

cpu: i7 6700k
gtx 970 oc
ram 16 gb ram, teamforce and viper
power supply thermaltake 550w
mobo z170 pro gaming

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Could try a clear cmos, maybe all the fiddling has even messed that up.

Still looking at those pics, are they all of the same side where i said there where problems or from all four corners?

When getting a new psu make sure you get something decent.
I think so yeah , if u want me to take a last very close picture i would give it another shot with a very close pic and details if that could help

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Could try a clear cmos, maybe all the fiddling has even messed that up.

Still looking at those pics, are they all of the same side where i said there where problems or from all four corners?

When getting a new psu make sure you get something decent.
I guess so yeah , should i take another and last pics more detail?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
No these pics are fine. Did a clear cmos help?

Was looking at picture nr4,

5c03qyj.png

think the square is where you bend pins back? Looks like the one circled kinda tumbles over (leans abit out of it's socket) might not be able to get a good contact with the cpu that way.
The other circle looks like just a little paste left, if non coductive like Arctic MX2/4 for example and not touching other pins likely not that bad, but just telling what i see (think i see) and can be quite OCD that way.😁

Oh ... it's not a day job so i can be away for some time or even longer. If you reacted once will i get notified.

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
No these pics are fine. Did a clear cmos help?

Was looking at picture nr4,

5c03qyj.png

think the square is where you bend pins back? Looks like the one circled kinda tumbles over (leans abit out of it's socket) might not be able to get a good contact with the cpu that way.
The other circle looks like just a little paste left, if non coductive like Arctic MX2/4 for example and not touching other pins likely not that bad, but just telling what i see (think i see) and can be quite OCD that way.😁

Oh ... it's not a day job so i can be away for some time or even longer. If you reacted once will i get notified.
Im honestly very appreciate your help mate , god bless u , anyway i will try to remove the cpu even tho im playing a game right now and haha its kinda hard to leave it cuz u know that feeling enjoying this game and no bsod at the moment but it will happen i reckon lol , anyway do u think that little bent can cause the dual channel not working? Dang thats extremely details , but yea you are right im gonna remove the cpu right now and keep in touch

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Think i see strands of hair from the brush you used in the left down corner and around it in this pic,

9WDrxvk.jpeg

same corner other way pic taken, top right corner,

e2MlLiW.jpeg

use something to blow that out of the socket.

Did you also clean the bottom of the cpu with some alcohol? The contact pads, might also maybe help.

Also as a reminder, do get a good psu.

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Think i see strands of hair from the brush you used in the left down corner and around it in this pic,

9WDrxvk.jpeg

same corner other way pic taken, top right corner,

e2MlLiW.jpeg

use something to blow that out of the socket.

Did you also clean the bottom of the cpu with some alcohol? The contact pads, might also maybe help.

Also as a reminder, do get a good psu.
Ok mate i will try that and also what psu u recommend , something kinda cheap

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
What budget for the psu and what country?

Saw also this in the socket, if some kind of corrosion remove it with a wooden toothpick dipped into some isopropyl alcohol,

seFXufS.png

as long as the two smd's no longer touch each other is it good.

Last edited:

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
What budget for the psu and what country?

Saw also this in the socket, if soem kind of corrosion remove it with a wooden toothpick dipped into some isopropyl alcohol,

seFXufS.png
View: https://imgur.com/a/NVoqwYy

As u can see there a thermal paste on the cou back on the left side i just noticed , but the problem is not here , the problem there was a thermal paste on the buttom of the cpu there it was on the contact but i removed it , but idk if that can cause also

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Then use some of the isopropyl alcohol and clean it of, might as well clean the whole bottom of the cpu. Did you look at the picture of the smd's in the middle of the cpu socket?
Yes mate i did and cleaned it off completely , i cant find the alcohol lol i lost it kind of but i grabbed a piece of a very soft tissue not a tissue idk what its called tbh and i cleaned everything with it

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
No don't use colon/perfume. The almost pure alcohol is just a good solvent and not agressive for the parts.

Seen a guy use break cleaner, but he also uses multi purpose spray afterwards to protect the parts,

The Tech YES Lovin' Process in 2019 - (Build a Used PC Faster than ever) Tech YES City Geverifieerd • 14K weergaven Nieuw

whether you want to follow that route is up to you. I've never done it.

If any debree is gone and the strands of hair from the brush are one, the corrosion removed from those centre SMD's (so they do not make contact) do i see no reason not to put things together.

For some psu's,

MSI MPG A650GF

Corsair CX550F RGB

SilverStone ET750-HG

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
No don't use colon/perfume. The almost pure alcohol is just a good solvent and not agressive for the parts.

Seen a guy use break cleaner, but he also uses multi purpose spray afterwards to protect the parts,

The Tech YES Lovin' Process in 2019 - (Build a Used PC Faster than ever) Tech YES City Geverifieerd • 14K weergaven Nieuw

whether you want to follow that route is up to you. I've never done it.

If any debree is gone and the strands of hair from the brush are one, the corrosion removed from those centre SMD's (so they do not make contact) do i see no reason not to put things together.

For some psu's,

MSI MPG A650GF

Corsair CX550F RGB

SilverStone ET750-HG
I think the first psu is pretty good
Anyway i put everything back again, but unfortunately the led red light is still on , i really wonder if im missing something , or should i give up? And also i dont wanna take ur full time my guy , there is i think one guy posted before that the led was on always he removed the back of the cpu motherboard or something, and put it again and it works im still not sure cuz i cant find the post but anyway what do u think mate

Status
Not open for further replies.