Question Bsod has been happening again and i cant tell why

Mar 31, 2023
Hello again
last time i made a thread about my pc blue screen in this forum, the issue was insufficient power from my PSU.

I made a full reset of the operatin system to sell it to a friend of mine. Since said reset i am now having trouble again with BSOD. Its IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL again but this time the dump show less hint for me to work with . it occurs really out of the blue and not really related to what i do. The dumps only show generic windows drivers as problem most of the time

The config is still this one CPU: I7 9700 GPU: Geforce RTX 2060 RAM: 16gb(2x8) MBD: Predator PO3-600
The System has been reset again, every windows update done, DDu was used and i installed my NVIDIA drivers in the cleanest way i could, i used intel assistant to update the wifi card.
the Ram and drivers are still healthy and running

i am running out of idea sadly.
Can i get a bit of a hint about whats happening here?
Here are the dumps since the last windows reset

A huge thanks to anybody that could help

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or informational events just before or at the time of the BSODs.

Try Reliability History/Monitor first. Much easier to use and understand. The timeline format may reveal patterns.

Event Viewer requires more time and effort to navigate and understand. However, you can focus on specific system views.

To help with Event Viewer:

How To - How to use Windows 10 Event Viewer | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

If the errors seem to be driver related then use "dism" and "sfc /scannow" to find and fix buggy or corrupted files.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Also: download, install, and configure drivers manually - no third party tools or installers.

Be sure the the driver source is actually the device manufacturer's website. Just because the manufacturer's name appears in the pathname that does not mean the site is the manufacturer's website.

Read carefully.

ubuysa

Distinguished
When you say that you did a full reset of the operating system, what did you do exactly? TBH, if you plan to sell it the only safe thing to do is erase and format all drives, then clean install Windows from bootable media. The Windows Reset feature doesn't come close, it just refreshes the Windows libraries.

Looking at the dumps I suspect that this may be a CPU issue that I've come across before. Very occasionally older CPUs (in the main) become unstable when coming out of low-power C-state (idle) and transitioning to higher-power C-states (running). Of your five dumps, four of them fail immediately after exiting the idle states. Here's the call stack from one of them - you read these from the bottom up...
Code:
0: kd> knL
 # Child-SP          RetAddr               Call Site
00 fffff806`74275318 fffff806`6e811e29     nt!KeBugCheckEx
01 fffff806`74275320 fffff806`6e80d8a3     nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
02 fffff806`74275460 fffff806`6e655363     nt!KiPageFault+0x463
03 fffff806`742755f0 fffff806`6e6540b4     nt!PpmIdleExecuteTransition+0x1133
04 fffff806`742759f0 fffff806`6e802314     nt!PoIdle+0x374
05 fffff806`74275b60 00000000`00000000     nt!KiIdleLoop+0x54
You can see the processor starts in the idle loop. Then the processor power manager (PPM) switches C-State from the idle state to the running state (in the nt!PpmIdleExecuteTransition function call) and we immediately see a page fault (invalid memory reference). This is exactly the kind of behaviour we see in a CPU that's having C-State transition problems. It's also worth noting that processor 0 is the failing processor in all five dumps, so it may just be processor 0 that is having issues.

There is no solution to this, other than a new CPU, but there are a couple of workarounds...
  • If you have the ability to manage C-States in the BIOS then disable C-States on all cores. This will stop the processors from entering a low power C-state when idle. It uses a bit more power and generates a bit more heat but in a desktop that's not important.

• If your BIOS doesn't support C-State management then in the active Windows power profile (probably Balanced) change the Processor Power Management section so that BOTH the minimum and maximum processor power values are 99%. That also stops the processors entering low power states. You can try setting both at 100% but I'm not certain that has the desired effect. Setting both at 99% does.
See whether that helps. I do however STRONGLY suggest that you do a full erase of all drives and a clean install from bootable media.

Mar 31, 2023
The new installation of the operating system was made with a usb stick since it seemed a good point to start looking for an issue. because of this, event viewer is not helping much since i don't have much dumps to work with and not this much time to create new ones(work hours don't leave much space for this) i will of course continue adding the fresh ones to the drive link i made before.

The main problem with my motherboard is i don't get new update on the Bios so i am now stuck with really few options to use. C-State settings don't seem to be reachable for me. i may be missing something so i linked the manual to it here.
I will investigate ways to stop it within windows.

Again i do not really know if the programs made responsible of the BSOD are a good hint since last time they were mostly fake hints.

thanks again for the help.