BSOD, have faulty GPU.

PSEAST

Reputable
Mar 16, 2015
I've had a few graphics card errors:

Sometimes get a grid like graphic across display on startup. Computer still working,
can see desktop through the grid. When gaming, can get a few spots of
pink/magenta with a little cyan in the graphic rendition during very quick movements
that appear and disappear quickly. Recently, the computer didn't recognize my TV
speakers which I sometimes use (dvi-hdmi connected LCD tv). The sound in this
case comes through the graphics card.

I've talked to Asus Support about the card and they said to RMA it which I will do, but I'm also wondering if a number of BSOD are from the graphics card as well. I used WhoCrashed and it gave me this analysis:

On Tue 6/30/2015 7:06:55 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\063015-7875-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x150CA0)
Bugcheck code: 0xC000021A (0xFFFFC0003212BA40, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This means that an error has occurred in a crucial user-mode subsystem.
There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I'm wondering if it is possible for a GPU to cause a Windows Kernel error as specified above by Whocrashed?

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks.

PSEAST

Reputable
Mar 16, 2015

Actually, my motherboard doesn't have integrated graphics. I am planning on RMAing the GPU and then I'll see if that makes a difference.

I'm wondering if it is possible for a GPU to cause a Windows Kernel error as specified above by Whocrashed?